Looking for remote

Mtalicarox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a cannon rebel XSI. is there a remote that allows me to hold open the shutter for as long as i'd like? I'm kind of new to photography with a DSLR, so excuse the newbness of the question.

Also - what remote would you recommend as a regular one? to reduce shake on the camera when taking tripod photos?

I use the Canon RS60-E3. Works like a charm. Just plug it into the 1/8" jack on the camera, and away you go.

Theres an off brand wireless one too.

Works great.

If you want a wireless remote, you can use the RC-1 also. It's only draw back is that it requires line of sight. Usually, I will stand behind the camera and point the remote directly at the sensor (not touching the camera, of course) and it works well. Just set your camera to Bulb, press the button once to open the shutter, press it again to close.

Last edited:
I love my normal wired remotes, RS60-E3.

And for the more luxurious options you can tether your camera to your computer and download the iPhone app that is a remote trigger. It allows long exposures, hands free changing of aperture, ISO, shutter speed, etc, and even has a built in timer to shoot over time with :)

Or you could do the same with a computer and the canon software.

Tons of choices! Wired / Wireless, there are many more these are just the fun ones I like to play with :D

bulb mode lets you hold open the shutter for as long as you'd like

and its easy enough to wire up your own wired controller for about $15 you can get 20 feeet of 2.5mm stereo wire and a button (not too sure what the exact name of the wire is- its the same thing as most headphone plugs but smaller) mine uses a doorbell as the button

Most reactions

Back