Looking for some CC for a Noob

czsmola

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking for some CC on my Pic I only got my DSLR about 2 Months ago.
This pic was taken with a D80, 24mm lens, a 3 sec exposure so i could get the background. we used a flash with an umbrella to light me and a protein powder container with a flash in the bottom to illuminate it.
3072837079_b0c1d4c491_b.jpg

2946927641_0274304d7c_b.jpg

2976804331_8b033e1fc9_b.jpg

The technique you describe about Photo 1 does not say "noob" to me at all. You have more equipment to work with than I have ever hand and than I have now, after 35 years of being into the hobby... And the way you put it all to use to create that Photo 1 also suggests that you are looong past the stage of "noob", who knows about a camera that you aim and shoot, but little more (for the mere fact that they are still learning). So I begin to doubt that you are so much a "noob". The camera may be new, but...

The last photo presented ... well, that shouts "HAD to test my f1.8 in low light at least this once!" to me, and there still was too little light, since not even where the focus was, the photo is all clear, sharp and unblurred. You still got a wee bit of motion blur there.

But the first ... the technique used, the planning that went into it ... no. Don't tell me you're really so new to the hobby.

the first and the last are really good.
Perhaps for the first, a more tight crop. There are many elements that distract me from really focusing on the subject. The ideea is really good.
The second one...I guess I don't like the subject to be centered, and my eyes go to the lights, not the dude.
keep trying!

The third is my favorite, though I think the in-focus part isn't as in focus as it should be. The second doesn't work at all. The first is well composed and shot, but I really don't get it.

Good shooting though for a beginner, keep up the good work.

Good work, way to think through these issues and implement them.

Number one is technically good, but I find your pose awkward. Number two lacks a certain intimacy, I feel excluded. That's a creative choice, but I thought you might be interested that I perceive it that way. The third shot is something I've seen so often that it doesn't do much for me.

Great work. I like the 1st photo the best. I wanna try that technique out...

good work. :thumbup:

The technique you describe about Photo 1 does not say "noob" to me at all. You have more equipment to work with than I have ever hand and than I have now, after 35 years of being into the hobby... And the way you put it all to use to create that Photo 1 also suggests that you are looong past the stage of "noob", who knows about a camera that you aim and shoot, but little more (for the mere fact that they are still learning). So I begin to doubt that you are so much a "noob". The camera may be new, but...

The last photo presented ... well, that shouts "HAD to test my f1.8 in low light at least this once!" to me, and there still was too little light, since not even where the focus was, the photo is all clear, sharp and unblurred. You still got a wee bit of motion blur there.

But the first ... the technique used, the planning that went into it ... no. Don't tell me you're really so new to the hobby.

thanks I really appreciate the compliment...i had taken a high school Photography class about 9 years ago then only had a brutal Point-and shoot that i never used... and then a friend let me use his D80 this September I took a few pic liked it and mid October i bought one my self.. I have been sending a lot of my time on here and watching demos online...other then the camera most of what I have is Handed down and super old... the umbrell and triggers came from ebay for about a total of 30$ its not quality stuff but it works... The first picture I actually submitted for the pocketWizardStrobist competition. so I will see how that works out...

the one with the guitar I agree that I should have had a bigger of DOF...

Thanks for the feedback

Okay, in NO way am I trying to be rude or offensive at all. But what makes photo #1 so good...so difficult to achieve? And what is that glowing thing you are holding?

no worries... its a protein powder container that I cut a hole in the bottom and stuck a remote flash in the bottom...its just about getting the balance between using the storbe and the natural light in the back ground... it was actually really dark in there and it took a fair bit of fiddling around to getting things to balance with the foreground and background

i'm a guitar player, so on the guitar shot, i think it would have been equally interesting to focus on the hand and the frets than the head, but the head is also good - but seems like an advertisement for the guitar maker.

ya I know what you mean about looking like an advertisement...but its my baby so what can i do...hahaha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back