Looking for some contructive c & c on a recent photo.

ahcigar1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking for some C&C. I took this photo this past weekend. I specificially was trying to get a photo with drastic light and shadow to show the simple beauty and grace of the horse but also add a bit of mystery. The only light source I had was a high window in a dark arena and using spot metering.

404221_2717478491799_1102100818_32008008_158666315_n.jpg

I have moved the thread to a C&C forum section.

I agree, without the horse's head and mane the photo would have an artistic nude feel.

I never noticed KmH became a moderator. :shock:

I think the horse is too low in the frame myself. But great idea!

I never noticed KmH became a moderator. :shock:

I think the horse is too low in the frame myself. But great idea!

So you would add part of the legs as well or would you just crop a bit off the top?

Well, I don't think it needs the legs at all. It's more my feeling of flight, lightness, effortless movement, that I get from it that having it higher in the frame would emphasize.

Heavy things tend to work best low in the frame, and light "flying" things tend to work better higher in th frame.

So, to my sensibilities, the horse needs to be higher to really emphasize the impression the image evoked in me, while my mind felt it was too heavy and grounded. If that makes sense? So no, no legs. My mind wasn't looking for completion of the body, but more congruency with what I felt.

I would like more black space on the bottom. Maybe trimming just a bit off the top. But still, more space needed below.

Well, I don't think it needs the legs at all. It's more my feeling of flight, lightness, effortless movement, that I get from it that having it higher in the frame would emphasize.

Heavy things tend to work best low in the frame, and light "flying" things tend to work better higher in th frame.

So, to my sensibilities, the horse needs to be higher to really emphasize the impression the image evoked in me, while my mind felt it was too heavy and grounded. If that makes sense? So no, no legs. My mind wasn't looking for completion of the body, but more congruency with what I felt.

I would like more black space on the bottom. Maybe trimming just a bit off the top. But still, more space needed below.

Thank you for the tip. I will fool around a bit with it and see what comes of it. I do understand what you are saying.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back