Looking for some help...

pwm5024

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I took this picture over the holidays but cant seem to get it right. When I snapped it the camera generated preview seemed okay but when I put it into lightroom it needed more work than I thought. I'm still struggling with my editing skills so any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

&nbsp;<br><br>1.<br><br><div></div><div>Untitled by pwm 5024, on Flickr</div>

So what about it do you think isn't right?

I assume you are talking about the color/ White balance? Run it through LR and play with the temp overall, once you find a balance you like you can also localize color/temp in certain areas with the brush.

It's decently lit though, so you have a good foundation to work with for what it is.

I think the brightness under his eyes is really distracting and his skin tones seem to be off to me. I know its not the best photo and it was just a candid shot so the composition isn't the greatest either. I just liked his expression and was hoping to make it work.

The only thing i would think was any kind of issue is that the color balance is a bit warm (yellow). Just lower the white balance (add some blue) and it will balance it out. But it looks okay like this. This is what they lights in your house look like. They are yellow so there is a bit of yellow hue. This is normal. There is nothing really wrong here.

"I think the brightness under his eyes is really distracting and his skin tones seem to be off to me"

Again, easy fix in LR, adjust overall temp and then localize with the brush. Brush opacity should be lowered so when you blend it's evenly and into the non changed areas

Most reactions

Back