Looking for some input

flttrkgrl69

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Right now I'm currently using a Nikon Coolpix P80, which is a less than desirable camera for what I am looking to take pictures of.

I race motorcycles, as well as all of my family. I want to be able to take clear action shot of motorcycles doing 20-130 MPH.

I've been looking at a Nikon D3000, and was wondering if that will be the right camera for what I need.

I can't spend over $500, I just need some feedback.

OH, Also: The Nikon D60 was the best camera near my price range but I was told that the D3000 has replaced it... is this also true?

thank you!

I have not looked at the d3000 or the d5000 since they came out, but anyway, you will need to save and build up your equipment with what ever body you go with.

$500 is not going to get you where you want to be right off the bat. A lens fast enough to capture what you want to capture starts at $1k alone. Not to mention if you want a lens that is fast and will reach out there to the bikes.

I have not looked at the d3000 or the d5000 since they came out, but anyway, you will need to save and build up your equipment with what ever body you go with.

$500 is not going to get you where you want to be right off the bat. A lens fast enough to capture what you want to capture starts at $1k alone. Not to mention if you want a lens that is fast and will reach out there to the bikes.

If the lighting is good, a big aperature isn't as necessary, right?

I was taking a few candids a couple weeks back and it was nice and sunny out, and at 2.8 or wider, it was too bright and had to be stopped back in order to get a good exposure. I think that a d3000 with a third party telezoom could do just fine (because the OP obviously isn't looking for professional photos)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back