Looking for some obscure stuff, and camera adoption

CDG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, I'm going to post this as a longshot kind of deal. As far as cameras are concerned, I am interested in anything old and strange, especially Polaroid, and even more especially, a Square Shooter. If you have anything you're not using that you feel is going to waste, I can provide a good home for it. I love old and quirky things, but I don't have a lot of money. I'm not interested in "junk", but I am interested in strange items. It doesn't have to be collectatble though. Just throwing that out there.

Otherwise, I'm looking for a leaf clock- you konw, like the one used in Groundhog Day. If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it! I'm looking for one it good shape, and am willing to pay for it too. Alarm cock version is preferable of course, but any one will do. This will be a birthday present for my brother who is an engineer and likes leaf clocks.

So please, take a look in your attics, basement, parents/grandparents' house for the clock especially. And if you find some strange cameras, please let me know. Thanks!:D

CDG said:
OK, I'm going to post this as a longshot kind of deal. As far as cameras are concerned, I am interested in anything old and strange, especially Polaroid, and even more especially, a Square Shooter. If you have anything you're not using that you feel is going to waste, I can provide a good home for it. I love old and quirky things, but I don't have a lot of money. I'm not interested in "junk", but I am interested in strange items. It doesn't have to be collectatble though. Just throwing that out there.

Otherwise, I'm looking for a leaf clock- you konw, like the one used in Groundhog Day. If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it! I'm looking for one it good shape, and am willing to pay for it too. Alarm cock version is preferable of course, but any one will do. This will be a birthday present for my brother who is an engineer and likes leaf clocks.

So please, take a look in your attics, basement, parents/grandparents' house for the clock especially. And if you find some strange cameras, please let me know. Thanks!:D

Wow! Don't have one of these... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Have you checked the thrift stores? Should come to Phoenix, there are a ton of them and there are many, many Polaroids being dumped there.

I used to have a lot of oddities. A very odd camera is the Universal Mercury II, with a rotary shutter and pretty unusual design. You might find some on Ebay.

Let us know the progress of this project.

You're just a funny guy now aren't you! :D

I know, the leaf clocks rare. I've not looked in Phoenix, as I rather dislike the city. It's not personal or something, I just lived around Philadelphia for all of my life, so at this point, I want to stay away from the cities. Next time I happen to be down that way though, I'll take your advice- I still go to PHX once in a while. Last time I was in Prescott about 6 years ago (on vacation) I saw an old Polaroid 110 for exceedingly cheap. It was in good shape too. Yes, I'm a fool for not snagging it, but I didn't even know hardly what a Polaroid 110 was back then!

Mostly I'm a garage sale hunter, but I do some stuff over forums. 90% of the people you talk to on the classified forums are nice people. The problem with garage sales is that you usually don't find really nice gear. The other problem is that 99% of the leaf clocks you find are broke, or cheap knockoffs. I'm looking for an old GE or something of that nature.

I like old junk, but it has to be the "right junk" if that makes any sense at all. Like I wouldn't want a beat up Barbie polaroid, but I would be interested in a non-functioning Zeiss. Then again, the Zeiss non-functioning probably wouldn't be a freebie, given some of the prices they can go for...

Like for example, I once bought an old browinie box camera for a dollar. It didnt' work, and I doubt film would still be available for it anymore, but it was just cool to talk about. Everyone who sees it picks it up and plays with it. It's not collectable or desireable though, so to most people, it would be considered useless junk.

I've inherited an old Brownie box...I don't think it works, but it does look good on the book shelf...along with my SX-70.

A really neat collector's item, (if you could find one) is a Canon EOS (650 I think) with a clear plastic body.

Most reactions

Back