looking for the name of a war photography film

joe_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone.

A couple of years ago I watched a documentary about a young (early 20s) American who decided he wanted to become a war photographer, so he went off to (possibly Bosnia) to cover a war. I don't remember his name and these are the only details I remember about the film.

He starts off very naive and gets pretty bad results.
He arrives in a hotel and sees an inner circle of more established photographers sitting at a table.
He spends ages sending photos to the newspapers and is rejected a fair bit before one of his photos is accepted.
I remember a bit where he is with a group of soldiers advancing or patrolling up a hill when shots are fired, and he is pretty scared.
Later in his career he documents life at the end of the soviet union. I remember there is a big party montage interspersed with his pictures
Late in the film he is in Afganistan/Iraq
He is interviewed in the present out hunting at his home in America and spending time in a tent
It was shown on the BBC but it isn't part of the genius of photography series, nor is it the James Nachtwey documentary.(internet searches only reveal these)
It is mostly made up of documentary footage shot by (I think) another american who comes with him because he though that it was so strange that he suddenly decided to become a photographer, having had no experience.
I think there may have been an article on the bbc news website about the film in the lead up to it being shown.

That's about all I can remember.

If anyone has an idea what film this may be that would be great!

Thanks

isn't that her way:sexywink:

You got it!
Thanks guys.

Most reactions

Back