Looking for this Lens..........

princessa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really really want this lens soooo bad!!! The Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 ( would you recommend that one) Im just looking for a good lens that I can use for portraits, and such, maybe even weddings (maybe) lol I was told that basically the 18-55 lens and the 75-300 lenses i have were crap sooooooo but when i bought that zoom lens i had no clue, i just thought HEY A ZOOM LENS! lol! any advice would be oh so ever helpful :) Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/lenses/tamron_2875_28_nikon/index.htm

Sharp, largely free of vignetting, distortion, and chromatic aberration, and f/2.8 over the range. A tick in every box really. The range however makes it only really good for portraits. The wide angle side is not really wide enough for my tastes on a digital camera with an APS sensor.

Sorry to be so frank but the lenses you have are basically crap in the photography world. Great for memory getting, bad for shots that'll blow people away(a good photographer can get a good picture with any camera or any lens and a bad photographer will get crap even with billions in photo equipment, but the worse lens makes it difficult even for pros, and certain limitations can't be avoided by anybody). Id' suggest the Sigma or Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 It'd act a lot like your EF-S 18-55 3.5-5.6 but it will have a max aperture of 2.8 across the entire zoom range for faster shutter speeds (therfore less blurry images), brighter viewfinder, faster AF. 18-50 is a better range for your camera. The best combination of lenses for quality you can get for the best price(for more you can get you can lenses from the manufacturer of your camera with possibly better build quality) get would be:

Sigma 17-50 2.8
Sigma 28-70 2.8
Sigma 70-200 2.8

With only a slight bit of focal length overlap, you'd have from 17 to 200 with a constant max aperture of 2.8! Then a few really fast primes here and there, a flash, a tripod, and you're basically set until you go full frame(or if you need farther than 200), and if you DID go full frame, you'd only need to replace the 17-50.

Most reactions

Back