Looking for TRADE: 70-200mm Sigma

JaimeGibb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I am looking to trade my telephoto lens for an equal quality wide-angle for Canon

Lens I own: Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 for Canon cameras.
It is brand new, has only been used once, mint condition.
The only reason I want to give it up is because I am taking a trip to Africa in January, and I decided that a wide-angle lens (which I do not own) would be more important to have with me than the purchased telephoto lens would be (which I may only use once, and can rent).

The downfall is that I stupidly threw away the box, but I do have the bag, tripod mount, lens hood and manual it came with.
It is, however, in perfect condition.

Lens I want: I would love to trade for a quality Canon or Sigma wide-angle lens, with it's widest opening being no more than 17mm, but preferably around 10-20mm.

If you're interested in only purchasing this lens, I can do that if no one wants to trade. I purchased it for $700 brand new, so I'd let it go for $600.

Thanks!!

You're going to Africa and you DON'T want a telephoto? I say keep the lens you have now and rent the wide angle for the trip. If you find that you really like the wide angle, purchase it when you get back. That's my opinion though...if I was going to Africa, I would think a telephoto would be a really convenient lens to have.

PS: Hi from Richmond. I was just up your way this afternoon at IKEA.

Haha, I live about 5 min. away from Ikea. Small world!!

A lot of what I will be doing in Africa is traveling around different countries with my friend whos there doing the Peace Corps. While the telephoto would be amazing for the safari we have planned, that's probably the only time I will really get good use out of it, whereas the whole trip I will be surrounded by amazing landscapes. Plus, my telephoto only goes to 200. And while that is great for a lot of things, realistically, I'd get the best shots from a 400 or 500 length...which I can't afford to own. So I figure Id RENT a telephoto, with a longer focal length to get some great safari shots, and own the wide angle for the landscapes. Also, in every day life (before I bought my telephoto) I find more times where I say "Damn, I wish I had a wide-angle" than "damn I could really use that 70-200".

Haha, I live about 5 min. away from Ikea. Small world!!

A lot of what I will be doing in Africa is traveling around different countries with my friend whos there doing the Peace Corps. While the telephoto would be amazing for the safari we have planned, that's probably the only time I will really get good use out of it, whereas the whole trip I will be surrounded by amazing landscapes. Plus, my telephoto only goes to 200. And while that is great for a lot of things, realistically, I'd get the best shots from a 400 or 500 length...which I can't afford to own. So I figure Id RENT a telephoto, with a longer focal length to get some great safari shots, and own the wide angle for the landscapes. Also, in every day life (before I bought my telephoto) I find more times where I say "Damn, I wish I had a wide-angle" than "damn I could really use that 70-200".

I hear ya. Good luck with your search. 10-20 is a great lens

Most reactions

Back