Looking for upgrade is nikon 55-300mm good choice?

Have a look at these see what you think I have one of the £99-00, 70-300 seems OK but I haven't had the pleasure of using higher end 70-300s so don't take my word for it. I'm sure some one will advise on if they are any good mine came in a package deal with my camera.

- Cheap Deals | Currys

Does the AF work using that with the 5100? I was sure i had checked that one and said wasnt compatible with AF.

D5100 and 55-300

$008-2.jpg

$025-2.jpg

$041.jpg

$111.jpg

$owl.jpg

Birds in flight too

View attachment 49958

View attachment 49959

$350.jpg

I could only dream of getting pictures like that the owls are super cute!

I have a 55-200 and a 70-300 (as well as a 150-500). The 55-200 is a very budget-minded kit lens whereas the 70-300 is a well thought out and implemented moderately priced lens. I'm not even sure where my 55-200 lens is, probably stuck in a closet somewhere. My 70-300 is in my camera bag. It is one of my favorite lenses and if something happened to it tomorrow I'd order another exactly like it.

Ha ha exactly my story. I know which closet though... still can not bother to put it on ebay..

Thanks to everyone for helping me out here. I actually placed a order for the Tamron 70 - 300mm in the end managed to find it for 340 euro. Tried second hand for Nikon version but was 2 i found each priced over 600 euro the new price was not much more seems here in Finland quite hard to come across many used ones. I tried to buy a import but most people was charging a arm and a leg just for postage. and if coming from anywhere other than europe get stuck with a 26% tax fee to pay postage included in price!! But i am happy with the one i ordered from a local store.
Just hope its as good as i have read about.

Thank you all for helping :)

Most reactions

Back