Looking for upgrading my Canon 50D

QUEST

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
using canon 50D since 2009, now i want to upgrade my camera.

my use is very limited, would be using on trek. which one shall i buy canon 60d / 70d or nikon d7000

suggest wide angle lense for camera.

I cant tell you anything about Nikon cameras as I never used one.

The 70d should be announced in July and should have the new auto focus system that Canon has been working on. Also it should have wifi and GPS built into it, Digic V processor. I cant tell you how the ISO performance will be. But going by that I would say the 70d will be better then the 60d

It also depends if you want to save money, you should be able to find a 60d pretty cheap. The 70d should retail at about 1200 US Dollars.

Canon Rumors has the projected specs of the 70d

Canon 60D vs Nikon D7000 is all we can seriously talk about, talking about rumoured camera makes no sense to me because we really don't know what it will be like.

Nikon has a better AF and better sensor in low light then the 60D but that doesn't mean the Canon isn't a good camera, it is and if you already have Canon lenses then it makes sense to consider it.
If lenses are not an issue then I would go for the Nikon.

If you can wait for the new Canon 70D to come out then that would be better because then you will have more cameras to choose from.
BTW the Nikon D7100 is an awesome tool and if you can afford it then I would suggest it above the 60D or D7000.
Another thing I would like to add is if Canon is going to continue their trend and use the same 18MP sensor on the 70D then I will be very disappointed.

Canon 60D vs Nikon D7000 is all we can seriously talk about, talking about rumoured camera makes no sense to me because we really don't know what it will be like.

Nikon has a better AF and better sensor in low light then the 60D but that doesn't mean the Canon isn't a good camera, it is and if you already have Canon lenses then it makes sense to consider it.

If you can wait for the new Canon 70D to come out then that would be better because then you will have more cameras to choose from.
BTW the Nikon D7100 is an awesome tool and if you can afford it then I would suggest it above the 60D or D7000.
Another thing I would like to add is if Canon is going to continue their trend and use the same 18MP sensor on the 70D then I will be very disappointed.
whats wrong with the 18mp sensor?

whats wrong with the 18mp sensor?

Actually absolutly nothing, from reviews the D7000 is slightly better but when compared to the D7100 its a generation behind.
Its obviously still a very good and capable sensor but is old and need to be updated to be as good as Nikon new sensors.
It came out in 2009 while Nikon D5200 and D7100 are 2013 and its a shame Canon is not keeping up the fight with Nikon and the other camera makers.
Feels like Canon is simply not really trying even though we all know if Canon really want to make a good sensor they can like the one in the 6D and 5D.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back