Looking for witness photographer for NYC wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syncopa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My partner and I are getting married in New York City Hall on Tuesday, Jan 24th., only the two of us will be at the ceremony.

We're looking for someone to take a few photos and be a witness. I've been trying a few wedding photographers, but frankly hourly rates of $250 and more are not what we want to spend. We don't want any fancy albums or hours upon hours of coverage, just someone to take a few shots to show the family. Even someone using our own camera would be fine.

Obviously we'd fully reimburse the person but are simply hoping for a cheaper way around this.

I look forward to hearing from anyone interested,
thanks.

Yeah.. it sounds like you dont expect much. CL is perfect. Just dont expect much. Maybe you get lucky and get a really good photographer.

Well that's why their posting here. They don't just want to take a chance on CL. I'm sure they're hoping someone local from the boards who has a bit of experience would do this. That way they can look at some o their posts and know if they are at least half way good with a camera.
Good luck with the search and with the wedding.

really? lol, the comment that the photographer could use their camera kinda negates your whole statement. I offered another avenue for the OP to investigate. Chill.

too bad i dont live in NYC... i'd do it just to do it...

I might know someone that will help you out....I'll contact them.

Try asking photography professors at the colleges and universities around the city. I bet you will find a student that is more than willing to help.

You should have posted this in the beginner forum, loads of wannabe wedding photographers with lots of experience because the got their cameras for Christmas and had plenty of time to practise and get licence to trade

Sheesh, give the guy on the corner panhandling $25 to use your camera.

Try asking photography professors at the colleges and universities around the city. I bet you will find a student that is more than willing to help.

I have to agree with CCericola here. If you are really trying to save a buck and find someone who knows how to (hopefully) operate a camera, a student is a good route. Hell, use Craigslist but specify 'student'. I've seen it.

I'd do it in a heartbeat if I was in the city,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back