Looking for...

MLeeK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know that there are several members around me in the Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Cleveland areas... I am looking for Architectural Salvage yards.
When I go to my son's house in Tucson there is an awesome one there. However, carting stuff across the country with the escalating price of gas? not such a smart idea.
I know in Buffalo there is Buffalo ReUse. I've never been there, but I am planning on it. There has got to be more???? This is big business these days!!! Anyone know of anything? I am between Buffalo and Erie, PA along the lake so Buffalo is closer than the other two, but I am not against planning a day or a weekend excursion. Plus we have tournaments coming up everywhere from VA to NYC... So almost anything goes between there if you know of an awesome place.

We're going to VA beach for the national championships I believe. Anywhere close?

Hmmm, FroRo is definitely no where near VA beach.

Here's a site I came across with listings throughout VA. Reclaimed Wood-Salvage- FSC Lumber- Virginia | Green Eco Services

Apparently, there's one in my hometown! Looks like there's one in VA Beach, plus Norfolk and another in Newport News. Those are both located near VA Beach.

Norfolk and Hampton Roads are near Va Beach. Both of these areas are highly industrialized and have many areas of urban, industrial photography delight.
No, I can't name anything specifically - these are pretty good size cities. Look on google maps and look for the industrial areas and use that little street view guy. Seriousl, I know this was generalizing, but that is what I would do. You may find something totally interesting if you have a little bit of time.

I am not looking for photography... I am really looking for architectural salvage places that sell the stuff. We are rehabbing a wreck of a house and I am looking for cool and old stuff!

I am not looking for photography... I am really looking for architectural salvage places that sell the stuff. We are rehabbing a wreck of a house and I am looking for cool and old stuff!

This may not be what you are looking for, but you might want to check thrift stores, goodwill and also yard sale season is coming up. We have a place like that here that has antique architectual salavage if you happen to be near louisville.

I love the thrift stores and sales for neat THINGS. I do a LOT of re-purposing things. I have a chest I built out of cabinet doors, a table made out of antique suitcases and candlestick legs. A cabinet door that is an old window... But that's not what I am looking for here. I am talking building materials... crown molding, doors, shutters, old windows, antique hardwood flooring, door knobs, counter tops, sinks... you name it!

I have a chest I built out of cabinet doors, a table made out of antique suitcases and candlestick legs. A cabinet door that is an old window...

:addpics:

:mrgreen:

It's not like I am a damn photographer or anything!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back