Looking Glass Falls, NC

Over Exposed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Still trying to get the hang of HDR. Spent 8 hours hiking around in Pisgah last Monday with the pup. It was a clear sunny day and harsh lighting for the majority so I didn't come home with much to work with, but I came home soothed and relaxed from that refreshing Pisgah energy.

5466660453_6b839d421b_b.jpg

That's a really nice shot. I beginning to be impressed with how HDR renders moving water, and this is a nice example. If all you got for you day's work was this shot, your hike was worth it! If I was forced to offer an improvement, it would be to burn in the foreground rocks in the lower left.

I think its a good pic. Nice processing, only thing I would point out is the odd stuff you got going on in the tree area up top. The conditions you mentioned often is very difficult with patches of sky through things like trees. its hard to get it looking consistent and instead leads to weird patches. You likely could get it better with processing but its minor

Great advice, both of you! I found that all of my images suffered the tree/skyline issue to various degrees on this particular day. I'd like to get better with the post processing of this. I've yet to try the darken technique with a clone tool, so maybe I'll work with that this week and see what results I get. Agree on the foreground rocks too. I'll try burning them in a bit.

My other shots from the day when the lighting was a bit better were all ruined by the wind. The Rhododendron leaves had entirely too much ghosting.

As for the water, I stacked a ND and CP filter and shot at ISO 100 and f/25 to be able to slow the shutter down enough to get the effect. Stacking the filters I had to be mindful of my focal length to prevent an unwanted and unintentional vingette, but I think the composition is okay.

Most reactions

Back