Looking into getting a nice photo printer. Used?

nmasters

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I'm looking into purchasing a nice photo printer for under 400.
I have done a little research and found the Canon Pixma Pro9000 would be a good option for me.
However, I would prefer the Pixma Pro9500 for its better quality with monochrome prints, which is mostly what I shoot. I could easily purchase the Pro9500 used for under 400, but brand new is 600.
Any advice with buying a used printer? Or perhaps other printers to look into?
Thanks!

If you are looking for something dedicated to B&W look for an older Epson 2200 and use only B&W inks. You can often find them used for the price of a set of new color cartridges that come with them ( I have one, but shipping to GA would be too much).

Tony S said:
If you are looking for something dedicated to B&W look for an older Epson 2200 and use only B&W inks. You can often find them used for the price of a set of new color cartridges that come with them ( I have one, but shipping to GA would be too much).

I'll check it out, is it good with color too?

It's ok for color but you have to use the right papers, but for B&W with the right set up it's amazing. I shelved it and have gone to the Canon Pro 9500 but find myself printing less and less because of the time and expense. Anymore I think home/studio printing is more appropriate for art type papers and stuff you cannot get done in a lab.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back