Looking Out the Window

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i-mgttLpz-XL.jpg

Well...I suppose I’d want to know the intent of this photo in order to make a fair assessment. Of if there is no clear intent, I’d critique it based on what is here.

There is a theme here, whether it’s intentional or not. I suppose I’ll leave it at that for now.

Well...I suppose I’d want to know the intent of this photo in order to make a fair assessment.

I liked it, so I took a picture of it.

Fair enough. Well you posted it on the forum so I assume you are looking for feedback, or at least interested how others view it. Anyway... I like it. I think it's good in BW. I think the theme (intentional or not) is utter disorganization. The only thing that offers a hint of order is the degree symmetry created by centering the middle widow frame, which is not really the middle. Don't get me wrong...disorder can be very interesting, and in that sense, I think it is.

There is tension created by the competing windows, left and right. I think the competing widows is the main subject, which is a pretty fascinating topic of discussion, in itself. But neither side share much of anything that would offer a real sense of balance or....cooperation, if you will. The curtains on either sides are throw off the balance. The only thing they share is the pattern, otherwise not; one widow up, one window half-up; the blinds at the top...same deal. The background speaks for itself: an overgrown cluster of trees and bushes with a fence on one side, not too much going there, similar to the interior.

So, maybe you can see why I was curious about your intent. Intentional disorganization, an intentional statement....or....
I liked it, so I took a picture of it.

Interesting photo, thanks for letting my critique.

Oh now I remember why I remember "sleist". He just posts "stuff".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back