looking to buy a camera

aardvark890

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey i am a novice and i'm looking at buying a camera. i've already narrowed it down to a canon 35mm slr (manual focus). this is because i already have access to lenses made for a canon. i looked on ebay and found these five: http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...lotr=1&from=R10&sacategory=15230&BasicSearch=
(the lenses are for an AL-1. i'm not sure whether that's important or if they would be compatible for any model canon SLR)
anyone that can help me figure out which ones are the best deals, what's a good model to get, etc.?
or anyone looking to sell a camera meeting the above specifications?

The old Canon cameras use FD mount lens, FD lenses are all manual focal and can only be used on the older cameras, The shutter and F-stop functions can be set manually or automatically by the camera, if that option is on the camera you get

As noted, Canon FD (manual focus) and Canon EF (auto focus) lenses are not compatible with the same cameras. EF lenses go with the EOS line and FD lenses goes with manual focus SLR cameras. If you are clear with this and don't want/need autofocus...then go for it. You can get really good deals on FD lenses because it is "old technology"

There are adaptors which allow FD lenses on EOS bodies but I have heard nothing good about them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back