looking to change from 35mm to digital :D

gumball513

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi
Im am an amateur photographer looking to switch from 35mm to digital. Im 15 and shoot a canon eos rebel 35mm. I know i wanna stick with canon. I have about 700 dollars to buy a canon (at least have a stock lense), kata 3-in-1 30 and a few batteries and memory cards. I shoot alot of action stuff but i do shoot scenic stuff too. So please any advice is greatly appreciated.

The lens you have now will be sufficient as a beginner lens for a digital, just FYI.

At the 700 mark, you might seriously consider a new 30d or used 40d through a reputable online company like adorama or B&H. I think you can safely pass over the rebel series. The 5d mkI's might be headed close tot hat price bracket(havent checked in a while), but I would not consider them action and sports oriented cameras.

Just my .02$, I'd get the 40 and be happy with it for a VERY long time.

nice cam! i shoot with the Rebel T2 film camera, i love that little cam, its taught me everything, get it right or your in for a big disappointment when your film comes back, Digital is very nice, and i agree, just use the lense you have on your Rebel right now and you can choose what kind of lense you want when you get the cam, such as going for wide angle. the 50D is Canons newest fast DSLR, but its a lot of money. so besides that just do a bit of reading and see what you want in a cam. all depends on what you want that your Rebel lacked.

Welcome to the forum.

I agree that the 40D would be a great camera for action shooting....although it will probably take all of your budget to get one used. You might consider a used 20D or 30D, and use the extra money for accessories or toward a good lens.

The digital rebel series cameras have great image quality but don't shoot as fast as the 20/30/40D series. I'd suggest having a good look and feel of them both, in a camera shop, before you make your decision.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back