Looking to get a camera..Help

smbikes14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi I looking to get a camera to take good action shots of bike riding and some still shots of things(beach) What camera would you reccomend for under 400$. Also I will purchase from ebay.
thanks

Film or digital?

If film, the Nikon F series dominated the autofocus 35mm market for years. They're great cameras with a huge number of lenses available.

If digital...i don't have a clue for under $400. The only thing you might be able to come by in that range would be a Pentax *ist D

Are you willing to buy a pocket type (small one) or a more-to-offer type of? I'm under the same process right now. So far, If your looking for a more-to-offer, I've not found a better one that the Canon PowerShot S2 IS, for about ~330 US. If a small one is needed, I would also recommend a Canon, I own an old SD110, far from others in its class. So, what are you looking for? Megapixels, zoom, pocket, more-to-offer?
M

Im looking for a digital camera. Im looking for a camera that can take high quality pictures, still and action shots. Also one I can put different lenses on. I dont know much about cameras, but im guessing I cant get one for under 400. What would you think would be one thats not too pricey.

Something along the lines of the fuji s5200. How is that camera?
thanks

MaxBloom said:
Film or digital?

If film, the Nikon F series dominated the autofocus 35mm market for years. They're great cameras with a huge number of lenses available.

If digital...i don't have a clue for under $400. The only thing you might be able to come by in that range would be a Pentax *ist D

The original Nikon F series - Nikon F, F2 etc. were manual focus...but that was a very long time ago...and they also dominated the market.
:)

Most reactions

Back