Looking to get into Photography

Snapsh0t

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Whats up, Iam looking into getting into Photography, I am currently looking at Nikon Camara's Specificlly the D90 and D300, My friend has a Nikon But not sure of the model number I really like his Camara's, Its got SLR capabilty also. so that's cool. Some of you guy's may prefer something else other then those camaras because they can be pretty pricey. some may recommend Canon some may recommend Nikon or some other brand like Sony or HP something along those line's Sof if you guys could help me out that would be awsome. Maybe if i get good at it I could start a Business and may get hired to take picture's at sporting event's wedding's or any other occasion that may pop up in the near future or just for ****'s and giggle's lol. Ive been on many car forum's and alot of guys like using HDR imaging etc. and some of them come out really awsome. So after seeing this all the time I decided why not sign up on a Photography forum and learn a thing or two.

get your wallet ready and its very addictive but fun.

But dont think you can become a "PRO" easily....some of these guys have been doing this forever and I havent been doing it that long but i have some good photographers helping me along the way...I learn something new everyday, and i know that i am a long way away from even considering referring to myself as professional.

And i would say you cant go wrong with Nikon or canon....Research them and go to a camera shop and hold them and see what one your most comfortable with.

I know I dont have to be professional, But i liked to make decent pic's I dont really think it would be addictive to me, I have other interest's its not like Iam gonna go out and take random picture's everyday it just aint gonna happen lol.

you will take pics of your other interests....i was the same way...I am into cars and guns and other stuff just as much as photography...and i still go out and take random photos sometimes.

Well I found another camera i like, its the Nikon D80 its cheaper then the D90, and Circuit City has one on sale, its like 700-800 Bucks now compared to it being close to a Grand. before the sale.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the site.
I used to take pictures of cars, now I photograph cars. That's also not the only thing I shoot, I now shoot everything.

thank's for the welcome, but change of plan's can a Mod delete this thread and my screen name thanks.

short career

bump.

back in it lol, anyhow I recently downloaded a program called Photomatix Basic 1.2.1 anyone know hoe to generate a HDR, everytime I try to do it. It says need mutiple images whatever that means. the only thing I can do with the photo is adjust the contrast and sharpen it etc.

lol, right, to make an HDR you need multiple images of the same item (usually this is done with the camera on the tripod) You will set your camera to bracket the images (for example one image you may underexpose by 1 stop the other you would expose properly and the other you would overexpose by 1 stop.) Photomatix will then merge the images which will allow the the darker and lighter spots of the image to have more detail than they would in a single shot.

(did I basically get it guys?)

Anyway, I would recommend going to wikipedia and searching it on there if you need.

yea ill look more into it, I need a new camera first lol.

Most reactions

Back