Looking to make my own postcards with personal photos please help!!!!

robinsean7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everybody im new to the site!!

Im looking to make personalized but high quality postcards with my own pictures. I have a few questions that i hope you all can help with.

1. What is the best printer to buy for printing high quality 4x6 postcards, I am looking for quality and speed.

2. What is the best software program to buy that would allow me to take a photo, quickly upload it to the program, and print as a 4x6 post card.

Or upload an existing photo from a memory card straight to the program and print.

3. Is there a program that will allow me to take a photo of my family, and superimpose it over a false background that is already in the program without the use of a greenscreen, and will also allow me to type captions in to the photo?

Thank you all for your responses i hope to be a successful postcard maker by the holiday season!!!

Thanks a lot it looks cool definitly a solid option

gsgary does onsite printing at events. Maybe he can advise.

I used to have an earlier version of this http://www.amazon.com/HP-Photosmart...5BT0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320319432&sr=8-2 (actually probably still have it somewhere) and it worked pretty well. You can get a battery for it and use it mobile if there's no available wall plug. Prints pretty good quality and there are cheaper models as well. Obviously it won't do much for adding text or anything but figured I'd throw it out there.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Epson makes excellent photo printers. For software, you don't really need any if you're printing straight from the camera. But many printers will come with some sort of basic software that will allow you to crop and do very basic global adjustments.

Thanks everybody i appreciate all the help. Ill let you know what i decide!

Photoshop elements would be great for postcards with lots text and graphic options. The Canon ip4850 is a relatively high quality printer for smallest money. Picassa the free Google software would also manage postcards but may be a bit limited if you want to stack extra bits of images over your background photographs

I would suggest Epson. They're great for photos. As for the model, it will depend on your specific needs whether it's a heavy-duty printer and what kinds of paper you will be using, etc. I would, however, advise you to get an inkjet printer instead of the laser printer since it's not only cheaper but better for photos.

Most reactions

Back