Looking to purchase 1st mirrorless camera

jcs401

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I currently own a couple DSLR's but I am looking at purchasing a mirror list camera for an upcoming trip to be more compact. I've been looking into Sony alpha a 6000 But I'm not sure if I'm ready to spend over $600 on a camera more or less for a trip. Anyone else have any other solid recommendations or pros and cons of the Alpha 6000?

What if it was also to be used after the trip. I have a new daughter and it would be nice to not have to lug my dslr out everywhere I go but still be able to get quality shots. Just looking for suggestions that's all

Personally, I'd just stick with your phone camera. For that price, you're not going to get a good body and lens much better than your phone...especially if you're just buying for one trip. It's just not worth the small investment. Take one of your DSLRs and a travel lens.

The used one posted is for the nex-6. What is the diffrence between the a6000 and ex-6? Also, are we really comparing a cell phone camera to a mirrorless Sony a6000??????

Can someone please help me find the correct adapter to go from my Nikon lenses I believe F-mount to a sony A6000 E-mount on Amazon? I'm trying to use my Nikon lenses with this camera as well.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I currently own a couple DSLR's but I am looking at purchasing a mirror list camera for an upcoming trip to be more compact. I've been looking into Sony alpha a 6000 But I'm not sure if I'm ready to spend over $600 on a camera more or less for a trip. Anyone else have any other solid recommendations or pros and cons of the Alpha 6000?

My a6000 was $550 new last Black Friday (2015) and they've already release two models since (a6300 and a6500) ...do NOT pay $600 for it. :p

I'd look for used/refurbished. I am a Fuji fanboy, but Fuji's are expensive. Adorama has a new XE2 for $469.00 ... sans lens. The EX2 is a solid little camera which delivers great SOOC jpegs. And it can take Nikkor mounts with an adaptor.

Much depends on your priorities. Some are better at action, some are better at low light, some do 4K, some are more compact.

In your price range an Olympus OM-D, E-M1 in particular would be a great option. A Panasonic G7 would be great. A Sony A6300...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The adapter features a built-in aperture control ring to work with the Nikon G lenses."

G lens as in 1.8G. F-mounts lens without an aperture ring.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back