Looking to save a photo and need some Photoshop help.

dearlybeloved

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, I went out the other day and took this picture. I'd like to see what you guys can do to make it look better if you're up for it. Post what you did because I'd like to get an idea for what I can use to make it look better.

Heres what I have on my own. It's obviously waaaaay over processed and the more and more I look at it, the more I hate it. I'm just showing you what I suck at and need your guy's help on. :lol:

wq0Ps.jpg

And heres the uploaded RAW file.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25731266/_DSC1163.nef

Last edited:
We don't have permission to edit your photos.

Too bad, because I did some sweet edits.

When he states, "Post what you did" I think that gives temporary permission.

I can't get the NEF to download, but the first thing I'd recommend is to try and get some of that terrible distortion out. It looks like it's fixing to fall over on its back.

what should i use to get you guys the .nef file? i just looked and it said box.net doesnt support that extension and i know imgur doesnt either. any suggestions? and yes, you have permission to edit this photo for the purpose of this thread. lol

EDIT: Try this link for the raw file. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25731266/_DSC1163.nef

When he states, "Post what you did" I think that gives temporary permission.

I can't get the NEF to download, but the first thing I'd recommend is to try and get some of that terrible distortion out. It looks like it's fixing to fall over on its back.

This sounds like a sting setup by the copyright police.

.nef downloaded fine for me.

$_DSC11632.jpg
Fixed lens distortions and tweaked levels
$_DSC1163.jpg
Levels

vNr0F.png

just kidding! i like both of those a lot. ill toy around a little more with the levels and post what i come up with. Thanks for that idea.

Last edited:
This sounds like a sting setup by the copyright police.

.nef downloaded fine for me.

Well, you do have a point there ;)

what should i use to get you guys the .nef file? i just looked and it said box.net doesnt support that extension and i know imgur doesnt either. any suggestions? and yes, you have permission to edit this photo for the purpose of this thread. lol

EDIT: Try this link for the raw file. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25731266/_DSC1163.nef

That link worked fine.

While I know this isn't what you are looking for I Went ahead and posted it just to show how much distortion can be corrected with software and still look pretty good. The caveat is that nothing is free, and when it stretches it around it usually crops some off of one or more sides. In some cases, such as this, quite a bit. It actually needs a little more but you get the idea.

_dsc1163y.jpg

I toyed around with both of your guys suggestions and came up with these. let me know what you think could look better. Thanks again for your input as well.

$oapRp.jpg

$7ECV3.jpg

$DE1vL.jpg

Personally, I find the first one to be far better because distortion really bothers me. I just don't like buildings that are leaning that severely. However, if you look at the shutters around the windows they have a blue tint to them. Correct that and I think it will look pretty good.

I see what you mean.... hmmmm, I am playing around with it but I honestly dont know how to get the blue out of the windows. im playing with the histogram but im not really getting anything.

Okay, this is the final and I can say I'm happy with the results. I just wanted to share and see what you guys got. I appreciate all the feedback and suggestions as it obviously inspired the final product.

$4xz0x.jpg

Darn, a tad late, but here is my version:

$_DSC1163.jpg

What was done:
RAW processing in adobe camera raw.
2 Curves adjustment layers (1 setting black and white points and the other a gentle 's' curve)
Used the free transform tool to correct perspective.
Colour adjustment adding a bit of red and yellow to the mid-tones.

Most reactions

Back