Looking to start

shannon0519

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all. I am getting back into my passion for photography. I am looking for suggestions for a digital camera for a beginner. Something with a manual focus lens, but not too expensive. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello all. I am getting back into my passion for photography. I am looking for suggestions for a digital camera for a beginner. Something with a manual focus lens, but not too expensive. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

It depends mostly on your budget. Any of the Entry level cameras will do a decent job.. although some are better bargains for the money. Some of the entry level cameras lack a Autofocus motor, and with those you either have to by lenses with built-in motors, or focus manually. Any of the lenses that are available will focus manually, if that is what you prefer. AF has made major improvements over the years though.. and is now amazingly accurate and fast, depending on the body / lens combination.

What are you looking at spending? You might consider buying used...maybe a mid-range to higher end older body.. with some good lenses. Often much cheaper than new.. and capable of good IQ.

Most reactions

Back