Looking to upgrade and have some questions.

Jklersy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a canon XT and am looking to get into the D series cameras. is the 30D a good upgrade or should I save up and get the 40D right away? Was looking on Ebay and found a 30d with 2 batt. and a kit lens and the portrait battery handle/shutter release for $400, and the cheapest 40D was around $800. Any suggestions and opinions will be welcome and helpful. Thanks

While the 30D would be a nice upgrade from your XT, the 40D is a pretty good upgrade from the 30D...so I agree with KhronoS, if you can, get the 40D.

I just got a 30D body (everything in the box) for $400 and change, this weekend on ebay. I've been watching all weekend and I've seen the camera's going from $400 and $500+ with lenses. I've been looking around here and have heard that the 20D and 30D are very close to each other.

Not sure how much of an upgrade the 40D is. A friend of mine who bought an XSI read that the 50D's picture quality isn't that great. Take what you will from my babbling.

-JD-

Last edited:
I kinda thought so, the 30D is much more affordable and with christmas so close I might be able to talk my family into pitching in ;).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back