Looking to upgrade lenses

I drive a miata with a turbo, of course I like corners.

Like corners? Try a good 650cc motorcycle like a ninja or gsxr. You'll love corners so much more... And I say that being a car guy (and now motorbike guy).

I'm scared of bikes. I'll kill myself for sure -- I know this for fact. Hell I almost killed myself backing out of my driveway today.

Shame. Motorbikes are so much more fun.... Just like I'm sure the 70-200 VR II is, but the 70-200 VR I will get the job done.

The Tamron still rates better than the VR1, and nearly as well as the VRII.

So why buy the Porsche 911 Carrera 4, when you can get the ZR1 that outperforms it for the same cost?

I recently bought a A Nikon D 600. What is the best(non-Nikon) lens to take advantage of the full sensor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 VC would be a great lens for the d600

So why buy the Porsche 911 Carrera 4, when you can get the ZR1 that outperforms it for the same cost?
Oh better not go there

1.Its a Porsche and to itself its enough
2.4 mean AWD which in snow condition is king
3.The the ZR1 is a beast, a monster not a refine tool like a Porsche.
4.Build quality-Porsche
5.Gas consumption-Porsche

When it comes down to it this really is a matter of preference, I cant afford either but if I could I would go with the Porsche, its not as fast as the ZR1 but its fast enough. I like German build quality if I can afford it, as a precise driving machine the Porsche is just like a surgeon tool while the ZR1 is a sledge hammer and most importantly the Porsche is one in a million, I like the anonymity of driving such a machine.
Dont like attracting attention.

I recently bought a A Nikon D 600. What is the best(non-Nikon) lens to take advantage of the full sensor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why not get a Nikon lens ?

Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 VC would be a great lens for the d600

I must agree, if not getting a Nikon the Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 VC is an outstanding lens (as long as you dont get a lemon).

Oh better not go there

4.Build quality-Porsche

When it comes down to it this really is a matter of preference, I cant afford either but if I could I would go with the Porsche, its not as fast as the ZR1 but its fast enough. I like German build quality if I can afford it, as a precise driving machine the Porsche is just like a surgeon tool while the ZR1 is a sledge hammer and most importantly the Porsche is one in a million, I like the anonymity of driving such a machine.

Don't take my poor analogies so to heart. :)

I'll take sharper, colorful and contrasty pictures @ f/2.8 then slightly better chart performance @ f/11 :)

I'll take sharper, colorful and contrasty pictures @ f/2.8 then slightly better chart performance @ f/11 :)

the Tamron VC rates sharper than the VRI at 2.8 on the chart as well--also better CA, distortion and vignetting...

Last edited:

Oh better not go there

4.Build quality-Porsche

Don't take my poor analogies so to heart. :)
I am kind of a gear head so I might get very emotional over cars.
My dream car is the Porsche 911 4S
One of these "If you win 50 million dollars what car would you buy" kind of dream :)
But heck if somebody will want to give me a ZR1 as a gift I will be fine with it too LOL

Most reactions

Back