Looking to upgrade my 18-55mm on Canon Rebel XS

gaulix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which lense would you recommend? I heard good comments on the Tamron 17-50 or 18-75 f2.8. I'm looking for something as versatile as possible.

Thanks!

Which lense would you recommend? I heard good comments on the Tamron 17-50 or 18-75 f2.8. I'm looking for something as versatile as possible.

Thanks!

What's your budget and what are you shooting?

I have the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens. (Non-VC version) And that is my main lens for general photography. AF speed is not lightning fast, but good enough. The min. focus distance of the lens is not bad when compare to other standard zoom lens. This is an example on how close you can get.

3592499317_2e74b8f618_z.jpg

Out of focus background blur is also not bad. The quality of the blur is not nervous and on the creamy side. However, I think my other Canon lenses such as the 50mm and 85mm prime or the 70-200 f/4 lens are better. I like the lens and I will not hesitate to buy it again if it break.

I heard good comments on the Tamron 17-50 or 18-75 f2.8.

When you ask people to recommend a lens for you, you should tell us what kind of photography you like to do, and why your current zoom does not perform.

I have a Canon EF-S 15-85 that I love on my 7D and T2i that would work well on that camera. It is a fantastic walk around lens, but that may not be how you want to use that camera. As said above - purpose, price range, etc. are important things to know in order to give good advice.

Most reactions

Back