Looking to upgrade; need guidance.

listen, I'm sure were all adults here so the passive aggressive stab at me wasn't exactly necessary. also, i don't mean to point fingers at you for misinterpreting what i had asked but i laid out 3 options in which i had narrowed my search so conversations like this could be avoided. i understand questions like this may be redundant to you but that doesn't justify you being rude.

thanks for the suggestion, i did appreciate it.

Nothing passive aggressive about it. You asked for recommendations, they were given - if you didn't want to get recommendations of Nikon or Sony, then next time it's quite simple, simply say from the outset, I don't want Nikon or Sony.

Otherwise your being rude by wasting peoples time soliciting recommendations that you obviously had no intention of considering in the first place. Again, not at all complicated.

For the record, yes I do shoot Nikon.. but you can ask pretty much anybody that's been here for any length of time at all, I am not a brand loyalist kind of guy. I have on more than one occasion recommend Canon as being the better option based on circumstance.

Canon 6D is a good camera but it doesnt have an impressive dynamic range.
I have no idea why you didnt add the Nikon D610 into this list, it has excellent low light performance and same sensor as the Sony A7 so you will get same dynamic range.
Getting the Nikon D610 also mean you have access to the huge lens selection in all price ranges and third part lenses.

I would vote for the Nikon D610 over the A7 and 6D

im not a huge fan of nikon to be honest. but i started with a canon and beginning to really like the idea of mirrorless. I'm not saying I'm not bias but nikon just isn't my cup of tea, regardless of how great their products are.
I really respect the way you explained yourself, careful not to trash Nikon and just explain you prefer not to get it :)
So going back to 6D or A7II I am afraid I will give you an answer which you didn't ask for.
I wouldn't get either, A7II isn't good enough in my eyes and nor is the 6D, both good cameras but not good enough, if A7 camera then I would get only the A7RII which is really expensive.
So my answer is I would put off the buy for few months save up a little more money and get the Canon 5D III which is an amazing camera, except low light performance and DR it kills the 6D in everyway and I think is worth the extra cash, I would get a refurbished or lightly used 5D III

OP, find something within your budget that appeals to you. Good photography is in the eye and brain of the photographer. Cameras are just tools and modern ones can record good photographs if the photographs are good in the eye and brain of the person using it. Buy what you like, not what someone else likes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back