Looks more real this time....end of HIE

I still shoot B&W in 220 and ciné, so I'm happy to buy from the only company that supports those formats - ie Kodak.

Best,
Helen

Yes. For me, it isn't a question of making a deliberate choice over what company to support to the exclusion of Kodak. I still like my D76, liquid TMax and selenium (for starters). I pick them up because they're still there - for now. Along with Fuji and Ilford.

I get the feeling Kodak will ultimately make the choice FOR me, as they have in this instance.

I do make that choice, I need a source I can count on, so if I can find a similar or better product with a company that is making an effort to make new products or continue old ones, they have my business. I mix all my developers, stop, fix, etc. from scratch so I can count on consistant results, quality, and I know it will always be available. If I could do that with paper I would.

Have you read PE's APUG thread where he says he's considering selling his Azo emulsion by the kilo? I would coat my own paper in a hot second if he actually started selling it.

I have read that, tempting indeed, he has a vast knowledge and experience on the subject.

Most reactions

Back