kkamin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinkaminphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
book_guiness.jpg

I was shooting product shots for my friend who was selling on Ebay. After we wrapped up all the equipment we realized we forgot to shoot a few framed pictures. We were out of time so I just snapped a picture of them.

It looks like fairly simple processing work, but this was tough to retouch. In addition to the perspective being off, the frame is slightly convexed from the wide camera lens. PS's lens distortion (correction) filter is great, but it only works in increments of 0.5 for some reason, instead of 0.1, so it was tricky to use. There are many reflections of the room in the glass that is causing glare that affected the tone in areas--I used adjustment layers and masks, and the stamp and healing brush to fix that. The poster is buckling in the bottom right corner a bit and I fixed that with the warp tool and by duplicating part of the image on the bottom left, flipping it and masking it into the problem bottom right area. When I color balanced the image and brightened it, the overall colors were a bit washed out from the general reflection on the glass. I created a duplicate layer of the entire image and put it in 'multiply' mode and brought the opacity down. That added some density to the colors.

Let me know if you see anything else that needs correction. I'm planning on using this for my retouching portfolio. Thanks for looking. : )

I think it looks excellent.
I know from experience the easy looking projects are often the hardest.

the only slight nitpick i have is that the bottom of the shadow (along the bottom edge of the pic) shows a difinitive line where it ends. i would consider just feathering it a tiny bit so it matches the vert shadow.

looks great overall though! :thumbup:

Looks great, id just be careful to not make it look better then the actual condition of the picture in order to keep things honest for the buyer

Looks great, id just be careful to not make it look better then the actual condition of the picture in order to keep things honest for the buyer

Thanks, but I'm just doing this extensive version for a retouching portfolio image. The quick and dirty one I did for Ebay was ethical.

Nice!

Ps, my friend has a shirt that says the same thing.... different picture though. It's a seal running off with a bear instead of an ostrich. :)

Most reactions

Back