Los Angeles Zoo (warning: lots of pics)

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From my recent trip to the zoo! It was also the first time I got to use my 400mm sigma seriously.

I hope you like them! More pics here, on my new gallery that will eventually grow. P.S. please excuse the weird borders, it's so it looks okay on my gallery.

1)
main.php

2)
main.php

3)
main.php

4)
main.php

5)
main.php

6)
main.php

There's a lot more on my gallery, so check it out.

Thanks for viewing.

You were quite clearly being spotted by some of them! :shock: No candid camera for the tigers, meerkats and chimpanzee! :D

Very good use of the 400mm lens! Good and sharp photos of animals that really pull faces for you! Wow.

Thanks guys! I thought it was kind of cool that the animals were staring at me. It's like they have personalities.

I love #1, I wish #2 was in color, #5 is probably the best gorilla shot I have seen in a long time! Nice job, thanks for sharing!

Awesome shots, especially love the gorilla and chimp. The chimp looks REALLY old, wonder just how old it is?

Where in southern california are you?
Long Beach. Thanks for the comment. :biggrin:
I love #1, I wish #2 was in color, #5 is probably the best gorilla shot I have seen in a long time! Nice job, thanks for sharing!
Thanks Spidy! #2 in color was kinda.. bleh. Besides, I think B&W is more artistic. I appreciate your compliments on #1 & 5! :mrgreen:

Awesome shots, especially love the gorilla and chimp. The chimp looks REALLY old, wonder just how old it is?
Unfortunately I have no idea. Thanks for the comment though!

Cool shots! Number 6 is my favorite, just wish it had a bit more in terms of DOF but still ... the expression and pose is excellent. Very nicely done.:thumbup:

The eye contact between you and your subjects is different and quite good. Even the flamingo seems to be keeping an eye on you. Good job.

Gary

Nice captures - the last one (number six) is my favourite one though. What an expression!

David

Most reactions

New Topics

Back