Losing Quality

IanRB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I use photobucket to upload my images, but it seems that every time i upload a picture it comes out less quality than before. I have been messing around ion photoshop editing some pictures but then i upload it onto photobucket and it almost looks like it wasnt even edited. Is it because of photobucket or is it the way i save it, ive tried gif bmp jpeg but they all come out the same. Need help thanks

You should be uploading them at the size you want them posted, i.e. if you will post them at 500 x 800, then upload them at the resolution. Otherwise you are depending on the site to compress and manage them.

If you upload a 2400 x 3600 picture and it is viewed at a smaller size to fit on a screen, the site is doing the reducing - and not in the careful way you will.

thats not the problem because im uploading them the size i want and they end up the size i want so they arent being resized. Its not the quality of the picture so much but its like editing that i did to it. I enhanced some colors and stuff to one picture and then after i upload it, the colors are blah again

that really doesnt sound possible. photobucket just stores them, it doesnt edit them in that sense. are you sure you uploaded the right picture?

ya im sure i saved it as like 4 different types of files and uploaded them all and compared them all to the original in my photoshop window and they just dont look the same, the colors seem more dull than i had edited them to be.

That isn't photobucket at fault but colour management. Chances are the photos you are editing are being edited in the PhotoPro or AdobeRGB colour space. Web browsers can't display these other colour spaces, and indeed computer monitors can't even reproduce the extended gamut anyway. Before you save click edit -> convert profile, and select the IEC profile. Since that one is standard nothing messes with the colours anymore.

That isn't photobucket at fault but colour management. Chances are the photos you are editing are being edited in the PhotoPro or AdobeRGB colour space. Web browsers can't display these other colour spaces, and indeed computer monitors can't even reproduce the extended gamut anyway. Before you save click edit -> convert profile, and select the IEC profile. Since that one is standard nothing messes with the colours anymore.
thanks ill have to try that out.

the web standard profile for colour images is sRGB. Change your profile to ther sRGB colour space and all will be well regards colour management (for posting to the web).

this points out that both the OP and the initial respondent (that's me) need to be more clear about the nature of the problem.

the web standard profile for colour images is sRGB. Change your profile to ther sRGB colour space and all will be well regards colour management (for posting to the web).

how do i find out what the correct srgb color space is?

Most reactions

Back