mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4kmrjoh.jpg

I walked by a little league field today and saw this. The park was deserted of course.

It is a black and white image colorized by me. Please feel free to comment or make any changes you would like.

I appreciate the comment thanks... If you see anything that you think would help just kick me and then tell me why.

I'm terrible at critique as I tend to see the aspects I like, rather than those I don't. I'll give it a shot though...

You missed a spot of green, top right of the photo. Nothing is more distracting than a bare patch on a freshly painted wall.

The green looks a little... fake? It does provide a nice contrast for the very well colored coat though. Maybe throw in a few different shades of green, just to liven it up a little.

Cloning out all the light dots (swarm of bugs? noise from lightening shadows?) would really clean it up overall.

I say take a dark forest green and a 12% opacity brush and just texturize the background a little. Apply thicker on shadows, then go back with a small 70% opacity white and give some shiny highlights to the uppermost tips of the leaves.
A tip with metal to give a small shine appearance, it to lightly haze the top with bluish (reflecting sky) and even lighter haze the lowermost part of the rail with orange(dirt/earthy tones). Also put a bit of brown in the rust spots on the verticle post.

(also test out highlighting just the grass, and upping the contrast and lowering brightness)

I wish everyone could understand the value of re edits. When i read the critique about pencentages I came away with nothing at all. When I saw the repost it hit a nerve in me. Now I didn't take away exactly what the editor did but it did show me that I had gotten lazy and took the easy way out because there was a definite improvement.

So I did my own re edit and I like it better. I for no other reason than I was a little more careful.
untitled_1_2519.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back