Lost Lake

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I sent back the Mark III today. I really miss it already. I went down to Lost Lake today. Spent about 6 hours driving total and only about 1 hour there. What do you think? Was it worth it?

Lost Lake by RxForB3, on Flickr

I would have liked to have gotten all of the rock in, I think, but the 24mm just isn't the same on a crop body and I didn't have much room to move around. Thoughts? Suggestions?

That's beautiful. With all the fires, and smoke in the atmosphere, the skies are quite lovely, and this image seems to embody the kind of mornings and evenings we've had here lately. But what a nice composition you've managed, too! Oh and, I like the rock as it is - good anchor. Nice work. :thumbup:

(Clearly worth the long drive!)

Thanks for the compliments!

Hm...what do you all think about this edit? Yes, this is an HDR. A bit much?

Lost Lake Sunset by RxForB3, on Flickr

Maybe I should shoot for somewhere between the two? After looking at this one, the other one just feels dull...

Personally, I prefer the HDR version, the colours are much more vibrant and the overall image has a greater 'pop' to it. :)

Not sure I like the rock dead center, it obstructs some of the gorgeous lake and draws the attention away from the more interesting mountains. But I like everything else (not that hdr edit though)

Three exposures that weren't planned as HDR but were roughly three stops apart. I could easily keep it toned down a bit if I redid it.

Most reactions

Back