Lost Photos :(

Matt Davis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have just got home from shooting to find that the first 17 of 50 photos I took tonight are not "readable" :(
On the camera the screen reads 'corrupt file'.. when i put my memory card in my card reader the file shows as 1.5MB or whatever, just no photo shows :(

Do you guys have any ideas how i could possible recuse the photos?

Very annoyed right now!

Thanks

is your camera recognized as a mass storage device? If so, you might want to google for some data recovery programs.

Definately google it. There's heaps of programs that recover corrupt photo files...even deleted ones... happens all the time (unfortunately). Although for most of them you do have to pay but I'm sure in this day and age you can get around that if you want/need to.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out and if you find a good program. Luckily I haven't had this happen to me... 'yet'!

This happened to my holiday in NZ photos. I had them burnt onto cd while in NZ, then continued using the card. I got home and 70 of my photo's couldn't be read. And they showed up as 700kb files (same as what you said)...

Unfortunately I wasn't able to retrieve them

There is a way! This happened to me only once. I downloaded a program that is an instant fix.

Sorry, I'm not in my office just now and cannot remember the name of the program. I will get back to you later today.

-Pete

I had a situation a bit simmilar but the pictures I downloaded from cam were with *.tmp extension... so I just changed it to *.jpg and the problem was solved. I also could not open them before and I got a message that the file is corrupted

Hey Guys!!

Thanks very much for your help, I downloaded about 4 programmes in the end some did the job, some didnt, the ones that did they wanted money to use them.. Anyway, in the end i managed to find a free programme that did the job and I didnt have to pay for it :wink:

I know have all my photos back and im one very happy chappy!

Thanks again :lol:

Matt Davis said:
Hey Guys!!

Thanks very much for your help, I downloaded about 4 programmes in the end some did the job, some didnt, the ones that did they wanted money to use them.. Anyway, in the end i managed to find a free programme that did the job and I didnt have to pay for it :wink:

I know have all my photos back and im one very happy chappy!

Thanks again :lol:

Glad to hear you recovered your pics!
In case something similar happens to me, what's the name/source of the program you used?

Its the fourth programme down on this link
HTML:
http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwdatarecovery.html
and its called PC Inspector smart recovery:thumbsup:

I have just got home from shooting to find that the first 17 of 50 photos I took tonight are not "readable" :(
On the camera the screen reads 'corrupt file'.. when i put my memory card in my card reader the file shows as 1.5MB or whatever, just no photo shows :(

Do you guys have any ideas how i could possible recuse the photos?

Very annoyed right now!

Thanks

Hi there, the same thing happened to me. I ran image resque and several other available software on the card and nothing worked. I then found this company recoverfab. http://recoverfab.com They where able to save my photos and the turn around was really fast which was important since I needed to get the photos to a client. I did have to mail the card to Germany but honestly, it was well worth it. I don't know what I would have done if they could not have rescued the files...probably lost a wedding client. So I am thirilled they where able to save my photos. Good luck!

Most reactions

Back