Lost

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Ive had this photo on my hard drive for a few weeks now. I thought it was a nice idea that didnt quite work. the two backpackers blended into the background too much for them to have the prominence i wanted, so i decided to leave them colour and turn the rest mono. Has it worked? Are they an adequate focal point.

Any other critiques more than welcome

lost.jpg

YCbCrPositioning: 2 ExposureTime: 1/200
ExposureProgram: 2 ISOSpeedRatings: 400
ExposureBiasValue: 0/2 MeteringMode: 5
Flash: 16 FocalLength: 50/1

thanks raymond. I feared the two backpackers where getting lost. Everything in the photo seems to lead the eye to them but when it gets there the subject is mingled in with everything else. I was hoping the colour would pop them out abit.

Think its the combination of backpackers and cafe/bar tables on the street which give it a european feel :) They're standing in front of the Liver Buildings and checking a map, popular place for tourists!

you could also try the reverse approach: make all colour and them bw. it's worth a shot. because i personally don't like this partial desaturation. the tourists are just too eye-catching so to say.

they defintely arent a big enough focal point, and i dont think desturating them, with other things in color would work any better- it might even make them less prominent, or it'd just look like a wierd part of the image,

I guess anythnigs worth a go though

Most reactions

Back