PhilGarber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
philipofnj.redbubble.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi-

I recently had to return my Microsoft Vista to it's factory state :)er:) and lost my Picasa program. Since I no longer have Picasa downloaded I thought I would try and turn over a new leaf. I'll say from the get-go that I know this may be a impossible set of requirements. I'd be looking for these qualities in an editor:

____
-User-friendliness of Picasa

-Power of PS Elements (or GIMP)

-Must be free (or VERY cheap like under 50 dollars USD).
__

Tall order, eh?:confused: Any good suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Phil,

Phil -

Poke around ebay for an earlier version of Photoshop Elements. I just sold PE 5 there and only got $25 for it. It's a great program, I only sold it 'cause I upgraded to the current 7.

Jon

Is that a legal way to buy the software?

I've always wondered about that too... Whether a consumer can legally resell software in it's original packaging. (Who would ever know whether or not it was still on the seller's computer...)

Seems like a common practice, I have just always kinda questioned it's legality...
Doubtful that you would ever get 'busted' for it, just wondering if the developers of the software would consider that piracy.

Last edited:
well your camera probably came with a RAW converter, you could use that. I know with my RAW converter i can do 90% of my PP in there

I've always wondered about that too... Whether a consumer can legally resell software in it's original packaging. (Who would ever know whether or not it was still on the seller's computer...)

Seems like a common practice, I have just always kinda questioned it's legality...
Doubtful that you would ever get 'busted' for it, just wondering if the developers of the software would consider that piracy.

Pretty much impossible to say for sure at this point. Reference: First-sale doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first-sale doctrine as it relates to computer software is an area of legal confusion. Software publishers claim in their End User License Agreements (EULA) that their software is licensed, not sold, thus the first-sale doctrine does not apply to their works. Courts have contradicted. Bauer & Cie. v. O'Donnell and Bobbs-Merrill Co. v. Straus are two related U.S. Supreme Court cases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back