Louvre perspective

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
now we come to one more touristy places of Paris ;)

_MG_8194_con.jpg

The angle with the repeating shapes and textures is just plan beautiful. The way it seems that the origin of all of this comes from the single corner keeps the eye very interested. Nicely spotted and executed!

wow.

that is awesome on so many levels...

thanks both... 19mm by the way ... and since taking this one took some time, I had several people trying to copy what I did after some time.

Looks great, it's got good contrast (yay!), good lines, good patterns!

great composition, and vanishing point!

thanks both :)

i also tried selective colouring on this, but in the end the original was more pleasing to me ...

Great job bringing all those lines to a single vanishing point. I tried to use that same idea the other day with some train tracks and an old abandoned train station but I couldn't get myself elevated enough in the right spot...

What is the light like in this spot? I bet this would be interesting to see how the light changes at different times of day.

Great job bringing all those lines to a single vanishing point. I tried to use that same idea the other day with some train tracks and an old abandoned train station but I couldn't get myself elevated enough in the right spot...

learn to fly then or get a wider angle lens ;)

What is the light like in this spot? I bet this would be interesting to see how the light changes at different times of day.

actually i visited that spot twice now and have different versions of it (bright evening sun and dull midday overcast on the shady side of the building) ... and the one here actually stems from the picture taken in rather dull light. If this would include the sky, you would know what I mean, ;)

learn to fly then or get a wider angle lens ;)
Working on both! o_O Hehe

actually i visited that spot twice now and have different versions of it (bright evening sun and dull midday overcast on the shady side of the building) ... and the one here actually stems from the picture taken in rather dull light. If this would include the sky, you would know what I mean, ;)

I can see what you mean just based on the reflections in the windows. The reason I asked is because to me it seems to get very dark the closer to the vanishing point you go, but I couldn't decide if it was simply because the actual stones get darker or if the light falls off. Though you probably wouldn't even notice if it was poster size! :D

Working on both! o_O Hehe

constant meditation is the safe path to total elevation .. or just get some red bull ;)

I can see what you mean just based on the reflections in the windows. The reason I asked is because to me it seems to get very dark the closer to the vanishing point you go, but I couldn't decide if it was simply because the actual stones get darker or if the light falls off. Though you probably wouldn't even notice if it was poster size! :D

the structure in the stones/building is different in the rear part. You can see the brightness is more or less homogeneous in the front part .. and then the same within the rear part.

It is definitely no light fall-off from the lens, since this is not an off centre crop of a larger image.

Wow. Very nice!! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back