Love film!

Well there is no need for film and digital to be polar opposites .Both are an expression of what the photographer sees and hopes to convey to whom ever sees his/her works.Both have their merits and downfall.No medium is perfect.I shoot film because of the love i have for the older cameras.I have been shooting since the mid 70,s.Enjoy picking an old as possible and make something interesting.

That being said i recently was blessed enough to begin a new career at 50 in photography.I will be using Nikons D300 and D200 with nice glass.I use them and enjoy them.

I've been attending local camera shows for many years. These shows feature mostly film equipment being sold by local collector/dealers. As the "digital revolution" emerged these shows shrank and shank in size but in the last few years they have experienced a resurgence of interest and are usually packed with people from beginning to end now.

I have an friend, a vintage camera buff from England, who went back to England recently for a visit. While there he attended a camera show near London. When he got back he told me that it was impossible to get near the tables at the show due to the crowds there. He had to wait a couple hours for the crowds to subside a bit before he could even get up to the tables to see anything.

I think it was Gary who mentioned that film is big in England (he said UK - I just checked back), and that it is in no small part due to the efforts of Ilford. I haven't run a roll of their film through a camera for, oh, twenty years or more but decided to give it a go again recently. I have a roll of FP4 DIN 22 loaded in one of my cameras at the moment and if it turns out nice, I could be persuaded. The price was a pleasant surprise at about a euro cheaper than T-Max DIN 21.

Also try some HP5, this is Ilford HP5 in my M4, you shoot lots of buildings so you will definately like Ilford FPan, another film i am enjoying is Foma and it is very cheap

img221-L.jpg

I've been attending local camera shows for many years. These shows feature mostly film equipment being sold by local collector/dealers. As the "digital revolution" emerged these shows shrank and shank in size but in the last few years they have experienced a resurgence of interest and are usually packed with people from beginning to end now.

I have an friend, a vintage camera buff from England, who went back to England recently for a visit. While there he attended a camera show near London. When he got back he told me that it was impossible to get near the tables at the show due to the crowds there. He had to wait a couple hours for the crowds to subside a bit before he could even get up to the tables to see anything.

I think it was Gary who mentioned that film is big in England (he said UK - I just checked back), and that it is in no small part due to the efforts of Ilford. I haven't run a roll of their film through a camera for, oh, twenty years or more but decided to give it a go again recently. I have a roll of FP4 DIN 22 loaded in one of my cameras at the moment and if it turns out nice, I could be persuaded. The price was a pleasant surprise at about a euro cheaper than T-Max DIN 21.

Also try some HP5, this is Ilford HP5 in my M4, you shoot lots of buildings so you will definately like Ilford FPan, another film i am enjoying is Foma and it is very cheap

img221-L.jpg

Thanks for the tips, Gary. Great pic, btw.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back