Love film!

Well sorry I misunderstood. And there is no full frame digital camera that will out resolve a MF or LF film camera.

And so what? You're trying to say that a medium format film camera has better resolution than a full frame (35mm) digital camera? Actually you may want to reconsider that; do you mean the resolving power of the optics or the resolution of the film versus the sensor square inch to square inch or do you mean the total detail capture capacity of a full frame digital versus say a 2.25 film camera, but even so what's the point?

Why not compare a medium format film camera with a medium format digital camera? But again what's the point?

Joe

It never went away. it will never come back. Why would it? It is like shooting with glass plates. I love dig and I was raised on film. But I do like the look of film. But not enough to use it.

Well sorry I misunderstood. And there is no full frame digital camera that will out resolve a MF or LF film camera.

And so what? You're trying to say that a medium format film camera has better resolution than a full frame (35mm) digital camera? Actually you may want to reconsider that; do you mean the resolving power of the optics or the resolution of the film versus the sensor square inch to square inch or do you mean the total detail capture capacity of a full frame digital versus say a 2.25 film camera, but even so what's the point?

Why not compare a medium format film camera with a medium format digital camera? But again what's the point?

Joe

Your right. There is no point.

3bayjunkie said:
Well no i didnt forget. Ok so add 2 or 3 minutes fir washing, but im not going to stand there and watch it dry, ill be in the other room spending time with my family.

Also i forgot to add in. How much time do you spend color correcting and enhancing digital images? Another advantage of film is, my lab does all the color correction for me. All i have to do is maybe adjust the "levels" in photoshop to my liking.

But as for proofs. Lets say i take 300 photos at a wedding. All of the 4x6 proofs get sent to the costumer right out of the box. I dont have to spend a minute in front of the computer :)

Like i said. Time=money. I could take 100 photos or 1000 photos and ill still spend 0 hours uploading and processing images until the client orders prints or albums. All proofs are printed by my lab 4x6 with quarter inch white boarder and i just mail them out directly.

Id rather spend my time living life rather than uploading and saving and printing photos from digital form. Anything the client orders prints of will be scanned at high resolution and then i may have to tweek the levels but thats it. The film already has the colors i want.

Film will never die out completely but the days of seeing the masses with film cameras are long gone. There are some sites that keep those days alive that are very inspiring.

It seems like that is exactly what you are talking about. You admit film looks great and if in the future you couldn't tell the difference than film will have lost its only benefit over digital.

You got that out of this?

Film looks great, but very large strides are being made and I believe that in the near future, you will not be able to tell the difference between a film print and a digital print.

I'm not talking about the process. I am talking about the quality of the image. However, I don't find how waiting longer to achieve identical quality is a benefit. You may enjoy it, but that doesn't mean it's a benefit of film.

Yet.

I'd say within 5 years it does.

Personally, I think it's awesome that a thread in the film forum has gone on this long. This place was dead a few months ago, but seems to be experiencing an resurgence lately. Woohoo!

slackercruster said:
It never went away. it will never come back. Why would it? It is like shooting with glass plates. I love dig and I was raised on film. But I do like the look of film. But not enough to use it.

There is a growing number of wedding photographers going back to film in the UK because of demand

Good news. Maybe film won't die before me.

Personally, I think it's awesome that a thread in the film forum has gone on this long. This place was dead a few months ago, but seems to be experiencing an resurgence lately. Woohoo!
LoL I'm new here and I'm answering really old posts, that's why this thread came up xD

mila_olivera said:
Am I detecting sarcasm? Or just misundertanding?
Internet's the most confusing way of comunication.

No im not joking i think film is much bigger in the UK , last issue of Photo Pro had an article about Ilford and there is no way they are giving up on film, i have shot 4 rolls this week

Most reactions

Back