Love my Canon 70-200mm f/4 L USM

Then why do I hear stories about people dropping their L lenses, picking them up, and continuing to shoot with them?

I know anothe secret. Lenses, whether Canon or Nikkor, are best not dropped at all. I say drop the newborn child before you drop your lens.

No I actually traded it to the local photography shop I have dealt with for years.

Thats really cool! :D

Good to hear you're loving the lens. It's my next purchase.. as soon as I get about 300 more dollars :) I can't wait.

BUY IT!!! you will not regret it! :D

Then why do I hear stories about people dropping their L lenses, picking them up, and continuing to shoot with them?

I would die if I ever drop it! :pale:

Perhaps the glass elements in the lens have already misaligned and have gone out of the precision state; dis-centered? (You can never tell from the surface.)

When a lens is dropped, just expect some internal damages to be done. (Sometimes a lens gets blurry on one side after a drop; due to elements misalignment.)

Gotcha.

No--knock on wood--, I have never dropped a lens, and don't plan on it. I treat my camera equipment like a baby. Yes, the camera gets a seatbelt in the car. ;)

No, I'm not kidding.

Gotcha.

No--knock on wood--, I have never dropped a lens, and don't plan on it. I treat my camera equipment like a baby. Yes, the camera gets a seatbelt in the car. ;)

No, I'm not kidding.

Seatbelted in the car.
Are you freaking kidding me????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I have the passenger side air bag TURNED OFF and modified a child safety seat for my bag to set in. One that faces backwards to provide the best protection. Well padded at that. :wink::D:lmao:

I have the passenger side air bag TURNED OFF and modified a child safety seat for my bag to set in. One that faces backwards to provide the best protection. Well padded at that. :wink::D:lmao:

You madman! I've got my lenses and gear in a safe in my house. The safe has a thick glass window so that I can sometimes look in on my gear without getting any dust on the sensor. But I'd never do anything as crazy as take the gear out, walk around with it, or expose it to light (especially not light that shoots right through the lens and right onto the camera's sensor.)

Driving around with camera gear? That's just reckless. :D :p

MY hatchback has tied down straps for my gear, which is kept in a padded foam lined aluminum case. That's a different topic. I have decided that the 70-200 f4 L is my next lens. No matter how long it takes to save for.

Another example! :D
IMG_0911.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back