love this pic; needs cpr

Team Kawasaki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Picture002.jpg

I like this picture a lot! But I cant get the dark feel out of it.

it's under exposed a little bit. it's tough to expose snow in a shot like this. Luckly underexposed will be easier to correct than over exposed if you use something like photoshop. one way you can do this is the levels option

Team Kawasaki said:
But I cant get the dark feel out of it.

You need to increase the contrast; make the whites brighter. In Adobe PS go to levels and slide the shadows pointer to the edge of the histogram, and do the same with the highlight pointer at the other end of the histogram. You'll see what that does, and you can fiddle with it from there until you like it.

Here you go,

I adjusted the levels so the histogram was even, I added some blue to the overall image in the color balance menu, I boosted the contrast and sharpened it when I was done.

I think this is what everyone is trying to get across as to what to do for a final result, therefore giving you the look you want.

Picture002.jpg

Here's another rendition. I edited your image on my new monitor that hasn't yet been calibrated. So I don't know if you are seeing the same quaity on your monitor that I'm seeing on mine. But here goes....
64131537.jpg

Your image has excellent composition. The tree lines at the edge of the snow converge in one of the four ROT sweet spots. The pools of water adhere to the 'rule of repeditive objects to create a diagonal which also leads to the convergence. Strong image!

This small size doesn't do it justice. You need photoshop and you'll be on your way to great things.

Image removed--A/C no response

markc said:
Easy people. Team Kawasaki didn't give permission to edit the image.
Sorry! I didn't mean to offend anyone--I was maybe just a little too eager to help.
I just naturally assumed that he wanted help since he insinuated that his reason for posting it was that his image could be better, but he didn't have many ideas to improve it.
MarkC said:
Easy people. Team Kawasaki didn't give permission to edit the image.
MarkC, I'm wondering if you could contribute some helpful advice on helping him, yes/no/maybe?

Team Kawasaki, Sorry for hijacking your thread. If you appreciate the edit I did for you, let me know and I will explain in detail how the edit was done.

If you are offended, let me know and I will gladly remove my edited version. It's actually occupying scarce realistate on my paid-for hosting site.

Again my apologies.
Midnitejam

Sw1tchFX said:
Here you go,

I adjusted the levels so the histogram was even, I added some blue to the overall image in the color balance menu, I boosted the contrast and sharpened it when I was done.

I think this is what everyone is trying to get across as to what to do for a final result, therefore giving you the look you want.

Sw1tchFX, Well done. Your edit is great and your help is even greater

midnitejam said:
Sorry! I didn't mean to offend anyone--I was maybe just a little too eager to help.
The forum rules are no edits unless given permission. I guess I could have pointed that out better. Sorry about that.

MarkC, I'm wondering if you could contribute some helpful advice on helping him, yes/no/maybe?
I think ksmattfish covered it.

how's it look in B&W? it's got almost no color to it anyway...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back