Love, War, and Chess.

I had a go on the chess pic and this is the best I came up with.
Before:
chess10.jpg

After:
chesspiece.jpg

It's worthless, I know. But I had fun trying. :D

Bokeh- a rating on yahoo is very inaccurate, and are usually much higher than the real thing.

I like it more than the original. But you should get rid of the light part in the background. It's on the right hand edge. It's kind of distracting.

I meant no offense to Bokeh, but simply informing him. I played on a chess team, lead by a first board of 17 years and age and literally the highest ranked player in New Jersey. He was a 2100. I played up to a 1400 back when I was on the team (a year or two ago) and was beat only by him and another on my team, a 1500. I'm probably down to a 1200 or below now after not playing for so long- my opening reportiore is, well, forgotten.

The 2100 guy told me that on yahoo every player seems to have a ranking that can easily be inflated. Thus- it's not accurate.

After watching him reconstruct the board of a game I was playing 34 moves after the fact to show me a mistake, I knew he knew what he was talking about.

Have you thought about taking more photos to expand this series? You obviously have a knack for this type of still life.

I have thought...and have done...there is a previous series, and a new series, but they both dont hold anything to this one :(

And Scott, thanks! Its a real honour for you to be a fan!

"I do" is definately the best one. I'm a newbie so I acutally have the right to ask the dumbest questions without getting whacked ( :albino: ), so can i ask you -- in which direction did you cast the light on, or was it just normal room light??

Thanks so much!! :wink:

luv
dami

I used a built in flash for most my pictures, but I believe the "I do" one used a light from the left side of the room, but Im not terribly sure.

Hope this helps mate, and if yah got any other question feel free to ask.

And thanks for the comment!

P.s. That wasnt a dumb question ;)

Most reactions

Back