low engery lightbulb gubbings

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by ferny, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Antarctican

Antarctican No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    snopes.com has a link to the article yardism likely saw....it's at http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55213

The snopes site has some info about the truths and myths behind the low energy bulbs...read it here

2. jstuedle

jstuedle No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit

The bad thing about Mercury is it's retained in certain body organs for life. The liver is one. OTOH, I've eaten enough tuna over my life, mercury should account for about 10% of my body weight. (ya doc, that's the ticket, my story and I'm stick'in to it) And our place has many dozens of 40 watt tubes in it in addition to all the bulbs in the house, studio, and parrot rooms that are not 40 W tubes, are CF bulbs. When one goes bad, we always just broke it in the dumpster. (not in the last year or two since all the hub-bub about mercury) I think this story is simply an over-reaction to a simple issue with simple answers. So, listen to what the pols and talking heads say, filter out 99% of the doom and gloom, and take the rest with a grain of salt. Al Gore had us dieing in 10 years, remember? About 16 years ago.