Low key photos possible with Superzoom (Panasonic FZ28) ?

nunoli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!

I will get a superzoom camera. The panasonic FZ28. I like the low key photos of woman, and i want to take that kind of photos with the camera. It's possible ? Or it's very difficult to make low key with this camera ? My question it's because of the noise that Superzoom cameras have at high ISO.

Regards

Hi!

I will get a superzoom camera. The panasonic FZ28. I like the low key photos of woman, and i want to take that kind of photos with the camera. It's possible ? Or it's very difficult to make low key with this camera ? My question it's because of the noise that Superzoom cameras have at high ISO.

Regards

Yes, it's possible. Lighting counts for more than anything else.

Yes, it's possible. Lighting counts for more than anything else.

But i don't have to use a high ISO ? high ISO's in this cameras have much noise...

you can use a slower ISO 100 - 300 or so. that will actually help you. If you have your lighting set up right. Alot of times you need high ISO in low light situations, but when you can control the light you have room to play...then make final adjustments in PP.

you can use a slower ISO 100 - 300 or so. that will actually help you. If you have your lighting set up right. Alot of times you need high ISO in low light situations, but when you can control the light you have room to play...then make final adjustments in PP.

Ok. But low key has low light ...only has light pointing to part of the person/object...so i will have low light, so high ISO

Ok. But low key has low light ...only has light pointing to part of the person/object...so i will have low light, so high ISO

High ISOs are needed when your subject has low light. For a low key photo, the overall image is low light, but the subject is illuminated. If you light it right you can shoot it at around 100 ISO, and certainly under 400 (which is about where the FZ28 gets noisy - I know, because I have one).

Now i've understand! Thanks! Off-topic: Are you happy with your FZ28 ?

Now i've understand! Thanks! Off-topic: Are you happy with your FZ28 ?

I am. I just watch my ISO to make sure it doesn't climb too high and so far the camera has done everything I wanted it to.

i'm not happy at all, at least for the one simple reason - those fckers forgot to place a remote port for remote shutter control.

Most reactions

Back