Low light - Train, done with a Drone.

LightSpeed666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At the very end of daylight.
Yes I fly Drones. Because when the camera can't get there, the Drone can.
hbmxzwb.jpg

Last edited:
Nice image. I notice that there is a lot of negativity towards drones . My standpoint is that they can be v good when used in the right way. I have problems with the following:
the fools that endanger aircraft by flying over airports in the way of planes
The peepers, who fly drones to look in bedroom windows
I like your use photo just out of photographic interest what are the spec,s on the camera. Res, f stop sensor size
Is it as good as DSLR , better, not as good.
I have looked at getting a drone, but I am not sure I would get the use out of it, or if it would fit in with my particular style of photography

Clean sharp capture.
Good work.

Nice image. I notice that there is a lot of negativity towards drones . My standpoint is that they can be v good when used in the right way. I have problems with the following:
the fools that endanger aircraft by flying over airports in the way of planes
The peepers, who fly drones to look in bedroom windows
I like your use photo just out of photographic interest what are the spec,s on the camera. Res, f stop sensor size
Is it as good as DSLR , better, not as good.
I have looked at getting a drone, but I am not sure I would get the use out of it, or if it would fit in with my particular style of photography

Thank you all, much appreciated.
The Drone I use is an Autel Evo. 94 degree field of view, uses sony ambarella processor with a 1:2.3 aps-c sensor. The sensor is tiny and works at 12MP - F 2.8 - fixed aperture.
It offers single shot, burst shooting and exposure bracketing. It will shoot 4k video at 60 frames per second, 24 frames per second and 30 frames per second. And uses a 3 axis gimbal.
This drone has an effective range of 4.3 miles, flies up to 45 miles per hour, or more depending, and up to 30 minutes of flight time.
If your goal is photography, as mine is, you will plan your captures carefully. You will get the drone out there, do your setup, and start your photography. Because once the battery hits 25% shes coming home and if you override home return, and start running low on battery it will land wherever it is. If you're too far out and can't make it home on the batteries remaining charge, you can get yourself in trouble and possibly lose the drone. Especially over water. I'm over water constantly.

I use the drone for photography only and rarely do I go out 2 miles or more. Most often I have my photography planned and I get out there sometimes to 1000 feet distance, and sometimes I'm only 100 - 200 feet away. Some of the images I posted here are from the Drone, such as the one below.
I also go back to the same subjects often until I get it right.
I do not have any high end software for processing images, so what you see from me, is mostly from the camera's I use with some slight things like contrast changes and a little color.
I use a free program called FastStone image viewer and believe me when I tell you, it doesn't do much in comparison to some of the things I see here.
So I try to get my images in camera as best I can.

Honestly I didn't think highly of the photo posted above. I know I can do better than that. But thank you all for the high praise. I don't quite know what to say in that regard.
This one below was also done with my drone. There was absolutely no way to get this shot without a drone.
I also wish I could get with an admin and get the 666 taken off the end of my screen name. I am not a satanist and I just made that name up out of the blue one night while I was having a few drinks and studying photography.
I hope you all a good day.

yzVehlU.jpg

Last edited:
Just find a admin member and send them a pm with your request
In the avatar it’s clear who is staff admin if whoever you speak to can’t help they will tell you who

I do love trains, so you got me. I like the bridge shot a lot!
Have a Mavik Pro and hope to post some photos soon from it....nothing earth shattering but fun..

I do love trains, so you got me. I like the bridge shot a lot!
Have a Mavik Pro and hope to post some photos soon from it....nothing earth shattering but fun..

The Mavic pro is an awesome drone with a great camera. You will like its capabilities.
The Mavic pro II is even better. I went with the Evo because it has no geofencing and it won't force updates. And it too has a great camera.

Most reactions

Back