Low Tide

I like it, but it is almost too pastel....

Of all these lovely photos ive seen on this forum, not one person can say anything on here without picking holes in a photo.. me personally iam like wow I love this photo and i love the "pastel" look tbh.. loving the blurred waves.. they are not too blurred so you can still see their energy against the rocks :)

This is very nice, a composition where everything is necessary and nothing is left out. Elements below the horizon line have corresponding elements in the sky, all is in balance. Correct use of the Rule of Thirds, to make the sky secondary but present, while the land and sea is primary.

My only quibble is that I am not sure what to make of the confused mass of waves at the lower left. It's not wrong, it just doesn't feel quite as right as it could. Not sure how to improve it, though. The "weight" of the image is in the rocks, and they feel kind of high up the frame. Cropping would throw the proportions of the frame off, for sure, so that won't work.

I might try burning the bottom edge to pull the overall weight down a bit to see if it felt better or not.

Very very well done, though, all around.

Not too shabby sir, although I wish the closest set of rocks was better exposed, was this with a GND?

Gorgeous. I am loving the pastel tones. It reminds me of some of the sunsets I saw when I lived in San Diego.

I am craving more detail in the large rock formation in the lower left area of the frame. That rock formation simply seems too dark to me; the water below it shows ample detail, and the other rock shows some detail...I think that since the rock is so large and so prominent a part of the composition that a wee bit more detail in it would really increase its "presence" in the scene.

Of all these lovely photos ive seen on this forum, not one person can say anything on here without picking holes in a photo.. me personally iam like wow I love this photo and i love the "pastel" look tbh.. loving the blurred waves.. they are not too blurred so you can still see their energy against the rocks :)

Most of us post here to get some constructive criticism. Pats on the back don't help you improve.

For my part I like the photograph. Like momoko says you have held back the creaminess of the water enough to keep the energy there. I do think there is a little, just a little too much warmth in the waves. I'm also in agreement with Derrel about the lack of detail in the first bit of rock.

yea.. your right, and Majeed will probably beat me up for being mean to him!
crysvg.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back