lowest priced 20D?

I just bought a 20d about a month ago, and I went through the same search for lowest prices. I thought I had hit the jackpot when I found sites offering 20ds for as low as $1250, but I did some research, and it turned out that all of them were frauds. They didn't sell batteries, chargers, etc. with the camera, they made the customers wait months for the cameras, they went to review sites and gave themselves positive feedback (this was sort of obvious, since they had 1000 negative reviews accumulated over time, and then 100 positive reviews all in one day from "people" that all typed exactly the same)... and they pull you along the entire time, trying to resell you all of the stuff (including pricey warranties) for double the original cost. If you refuse to buy the extra stuff, they hang up on you and cancel your order. I ended up buying mine at Ritz Camera with the 17-85mm lense for $2100 INCLUDING tax, with a gift package thing worth $300 (mostly coupons, but it had these tickets for photography classes for the next three months).

Still reading? Good. :) The 20d is an awesome camera, but after about a day I realized it's not something I need, and I put it back in it's box (I'm a rangefinder-type guy; I don't know what I was thinking). I was going to sell it on ebay, but if you're interested, I'll sell it to you... I'll include the Ritz camera gift thing, classes, lense, etc. (unless you don't want the lense - though, it's a great lense). I really haven't used the camera. I'll take macro pics of it for you so you can observe it's beauty. :)

If you're interested, I'll set up an ebay closed auction thing so that you know I'm not pulling your leg, and you can pay with paypal or whatever. Email me at [email protected] and we can talk about price. Since I haven't used the camera, I can't drop too much, but I am willing to drop down a little since Ritz won't let me return it (past the 27-day limit by like a week). And I'll take pictures of my Ritz receipt so you can see the purchase date, etc.

Oh, and it comes with the Canon U.S. & Canada one-year warranty. It'd be awesome if you buy it, because I'm getting sort of nervous that I'll be stuck with this expensive camera that I can't use, hahah.

I will sell it if im gonna buy the 20D, so yeah I will...If im gonna buy the 20D...but I doubt thatll happen!

yeah, but if you do, let me know :LOL:

if not i'll just save another month or so, try and sell my FZ20, and buy one from amazon.com... they're decently priced there

I bought a 20D the other day at Willoughby's

They did make me call them where they proceeded to try and get me to buy accessories. I turned everything down, but did end up buying an extended 3 year warranty which included a free cleaning every year. The body only was $1,335.00, and the warranty was an extra $200, but it bought me free next day shipping.

I bought my accessories from Adorama.com, which was cheaper by $10-$50 depending on item. I bought another 1gig CF card, a lexar 80x pro card, and the battery grip, an extra battery, and the new remote switch for the 20D. I think my total cost with the cam and all accessories mentioned was about $1800. No tax on internet orders, and free shipping saves a lot.

Btw, Willoughby's is a legit photography store in NYC that has been around for over 100 years.

Digital Matt said:
but did end up buying an extended 3 year warranty which included a free cleaning every year.

I presume you have to mail them your camera to get the free cleaning? I presume the s&h wouldnt be cheap, nor the week or two with out a camera.

But that does sound like a really good deal for everything. I wonder how they would have reacted if you didnt get the extended warranty.

Digital Matt said:
I bought a 20D the other day...
Congratulations Matt... how do you like it?

GerryDavid said:
I presume you have to mail them your camera to get the free cleaning? I presume the s&h wouldnt be cheap, nor the week or two with out a camera.

But that does sound like a really good deal for everything. I wonder how they would have reacted if you didnt get the extended warranty.

I can take the camera to any Canon authorized dealer to get it cleaned. There's a big Canon dealership in Cleveland that I go to. I can just take it in and have it cleaned while I wait.

The guy was cool over the phone. He saw that I was only getting the body and so he asked if I already had lenses, and I said yes, and he was just like, ok, cool, and asked if I needed memory and I said that I was all set, and he started in with the warranty. He did not want to take no for an answer, but I get the feeling that he would have. He explained the benefits, and to be honest, I was going to buy a Mack warranty or something anyway. When he threw in free next day air he made me an offer I couldn't refuse :p

Dan, I'll let you know how I like it when I get it :p It'll be here tomorrow. It just shipped today.

Matt, did the 20d have the kit lense, I think 17-85mm or was it just the body? I presume no lense but I thought I would make sure.

Gerry, I just bought the body, without the lens. I have a much better wide angle than the 17-85mm. They had it for sale with the kit lens also.

Most reactions

Back