LR4 --> edit in CS5.1 Question

wow, killer deal! What does clicking "cancel" do if it still opens in CS5?

wow, killer deal! What does clicking "cancel" do if it still opens in CS5?

The cancel button will prevent that silly pop-up from popping up in the future

LOLZ!!!

too freaking funny man, no, I'd rather have both softwares in perfect harmony but, BUT, it's looking like the capabilities of LR4 are very much increased and I may be a little less dependant on CS5 for my workflow. I haven't really put it to the test yet.

I went through the same. But If you edit the RAW in LR4 and then edit in PS, I just clic open anyway. I figure you are not using ACR6 in photoshop? Isn't LR4 doing the RAW editing anyway? Once it moves to photoshop it's PSD or TIFF right?

Last edited:
I think it's just a warning to let you know about it. I try either way and it didn't make difference to me. May be somebody else has a better idea

Actually u just try to export a photo to PS and choosing Open Anyway export the photo with out LR4 adjustments. I export the same photo selecting render with Lightroom and it work fine. So I choose that option from now on.

Yes, I think that 'Render with LR' is probably the best option.

I was guessing as much but I still don't like the idea that I'm missing out on ACR7 and Adobe's policy to exclude previous revs from updates...expecially seeing as how they are still selling CS5 at full price. Adobe really has the market share of graphics editing...

But if you are going from LR4 to CS5 (or anything), if you let Lightroom render the file, then you are using ACR7.

When you 'Edit in...', it doesn't take you to the ACR sub program in PS CS, it renders the file into a TIFF or PSD and takes you right into Photoshop.
If you choose to 'Open as Smart Object', then there might be an issue.

As for the compatibility issue, I haven't looked too much into this one...but I can't imagine that Adobe with not make ACR7 compatible with CS5. They do limit backward compatibility, but it usually goes back at least two versions.

Right because LR4 is ACR7 and after to export to CS5 it's not RAW anymore no matter is you used LR4 or ACR.

Most reactions

Back