LR4 --> edit in CS5.1 Question

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While checking out the new features in LR4 I right-clicked and selected edit in CS5.1 I get a pop-up message that says I really need ACR 7.0 :D ACR 7.0 hasn't been released yet and will be out with Adobe CS6 .... and unlikely Adobe is going to support CS5 once they release CS6 but I see it's still currently offered at full price.

Anyone else get this message or know what it really means?

It really means that CS5 doesn't support ACR 7. CS5 supports ACR 6 and is downwards compatible, but not upwards compatible.

ACR 7 does things differently than ACR 6 does. The sliders change the image in a different progression, some sliders were eliminated, new ones were introduced.

Ok, I can understand that, thank you, but that there indicates that for the transition to and from Photoshop that CS6 will be necessary? It does give two options:

1) "Open anyway"
2) Open using LR4 adjustments (not exactly worded like that)

Does that mean that I can use the LR converter (#2) or hope for the best (#1)?

Man you're scaring me, I'm about to buy the LR4 upgrade too. Like this afternoon =)

This seems to be a known problem. The 'Edit in...' command in the release version of LR4, seems to have a problem in the coding. Hopefully there will be a fix to it soon. It seems that some people are having some good luck with it, after reinstalling CS5...but not all.

Here is a thread on the Adobe Forums
Adobe Forums: Lightroom 4 Production error on "Edit In"

well in my playing around I was still able to edit and save back to LR.

well in my playing around I was still able to edit and save back to LR.

I may need your words of advice and expertise soon if you don't mind
bigthumb.gif

This seems to be a known problem. The 'Edit in...' command in the release version of LR4, seems to have a problem in the coding. Hopefully there will be a fix to it soon. It seems that some people are having some good luck with it, after reinstalling CS5...but not all.

Here is a thread on the Adobe Forums
Adobe Forums: Lightroom 4 Production error on "Edit In"

No, that's not the problem I'm seeing, I don't get an error message. I get a message that says I need 7.0 to get full functionality of the edit in CS5.1

kewl, this is exactly far I've progressed with my upgrade
badteeth.gif

steve: Hi, fine thanks and you? I'm trying to order Lightroom 4 upgrade and the site isn't recognizing my 15% NAPP membership code, can you please help?
Ria: I am sorry to hear that your NAPP code is not applying online, however I recommend you to call our sales team at 1-800-585-0774 to apply the promo code and place the order for the software.
steve: OK thanks
Ria: Thank you for visiting Adobe.com. Have a great day!
Thank you for chatting with us today.

When you 'open anyway', you essentially get ACR 6 functionality instead of ACR 7 functionality.

I see...but if you don't mind explaining...

when I edit a RAW file in LR4 I'm using ACR7, right? SO if I then edit details in CS5.1 using ACR6.7 am I losing something from my LR4 edit? It opens as usual directly in CS5, not CS's ACR.

What about the "use LR4 adjustements" option? Hasn't anyone else seen this?

I dunno what happened but i went LR4 to CS5, tweaked a BS setting, and back to LR4 and it worked on this pic

6964593989_96e1aa83d8.jpg

Yeah, I'm able to edit in CS and bring it back to LR but I get a dialog box with advisement to use ACR7 and 3 options (one is cancel) I'll post a screen-shot tonight. Otherwise it seems to work fine but does make me wonder if I am missing out by not having LR4 and CS6 compatablity.

Yeah, I'm able to edit in CS and bring it back to LR but I get a dialog box with advisement to use ACR7 and 3 options (one is cancel) I'll post a screen-shot tonight. Otherwise it seems to work fine but does make me wonder if I am missing out by not having LR4 and CS6 compatablity.

Yup I clicked the box to cancel. I figure if its hosed up KmH will jump on adobe and we'll have an update soon.

With the NAPP discount I got the commercial upgrade form Adobe for $67 bux, and that was to upgrade a student version LR3! I had to call though, web page wouldn't deal with me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back